• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

Strange comment. Regular Cl football, competitive league, seems quite an attraction

Quite.  Swap 10 proper games a season for 45.  
I bet like a lot of Germans and Austrians, he mostly watches the Prem in his free time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chelboy   

Alaba is more likely to go to City if he comes to the PL. Has worked under Pep before.

Lots of reports linking us to Havertz lately. Seems we are chasing him. If so that probably means Ziyech will be used as a wide option.

The front 5 could look something like this.

 Werner             Tammy           Ziyech

          Mount                  Havertz.

There will be lots of rotation I am guessing between Werner Ziyech and Pulisic. I don’t see Werner starting ST often as he isn’t the type to play off when we need to go direct and plays better from the wings. Lamps does like strikers that can hold it up. Havertz can also play wide positions and false 9 apparently. Lots of flexibility in this team. Everyone there except for Tammy can play in multiple positions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Alaba is more likely to go to City if he comes to the PL. Has worked under Pep before.

Lots of reports linking us to Havertz lately. Seems we are chasing him. If so that probably means Ziyech will be used as a wide option.

The front 5 could look something like this.

 Werner             Tammy           Ziyech

          Mount                  Havertz.

There will be lots of rotation I am guessing between Werner Ziyech and Pulisic. I don’t see Werner starting ST often as he isn’t the type to play off when we need to go direct and plays better from the wings. Lamps does like strikers that can hold it up. Havertz can also play wide positions and false 9 apparently. Lots of flexibility in this team. Everyone there except for Tammy can play in multiple positions. 

If Lamps likes strikers that can hold it up , surely , Giroud , the master of hold up play would start before Tammy who couldn't hold up his hand ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

If Lamps likes strikers that can hold it up , surely , Giroud , the master of hold up play would start before Tammy who couldn't hold up his hand ?

I think you vastly underestimate what Tammy can do, and has done at Villa against big Championship defenders.
But I also don't thin a hold up player is what we want - pace I suspect will be much more important.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think you vastly underestimate what Tammy can do, and has done at Villa against big Championship defenders.
But I also don't thin a hold up player is what we want - pace I suspect will be much more important.

 

I'm not underestimating him , he isn't very good at it . He's plenty good at other things though so it's not fantastically important . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chelboy   
23 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

If Lamps likes strikers that can hold it up , surely , Giroud , the master of hold up play would start before Tammy who couldn't hold up his hand ?

???. People seem to forget how Tammy played earlier on in the season. Had a dip 2nd half but I think he needs genuine playmakers around him to give him chances. I don’t think he benefits like Giroud does from crosses. Ziyech would probably be Tammy favourite player I reckon. 

 

22 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think you vastly underestimate what Tammy can do, and has done at Villa against big Championship defenders.
But I also don't thin a hold up player is what we want - pace I suspect will be much more important.

If pace is more important then Werner will start ST. Against low blocks I could see him being uncomfortable against two big CB’s. Lamps prefers someone with presence up top. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ziyech and Werner will start most games, Pulisic too.

The choice will be play 433 with that front three and Mount playing in midfield or 4231 with Tammy up top, I can't see many games, when everyone is fit , that they both start. Even more so if we sign Havertz. 

I've seen a lot of Werner and personally have absolutely no doubt he is far, far better playing as a 9 than he is out wide and that's where I expect him to play the majority of games.

Whatever happens, with or without Havertz, we have a lot of options and versatility for the front 3/4 and Tammy and Mount will get plenty of games but I think one of them may well find themselves not being considered as first choice next season.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
44 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

 

I'm not underestimating him , he isn't very good at it . He's plenty good at other things though so it's not fantastically important . 

I think he is better at it than you may think, just next to Giroud as a comparison, it's chalk and cheese

Spurs away sticks out to me as a game where he didn't score, but had one of his best performances all round IMO. That side of it can be improved too. Giroud wont be getting any quicker though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rob B   

I remember before the season began, I was rooting for Tammy to make a mark, but had concerns that his all round play might not be good enough for a team of our aspirations.  We all knew he would get goals, but can he link the play, hold it up, work hard pressing defenders etc etc.

One of the things that stood out immediately was just how well he could hold the ball up.   And when judging him on this, it's important that we factor in two things:

1) - we don't compare him to Giroud who is one of the best in the world at this

2) - we don't compare him on his recent performances where he has clearly been off the pace and short of confidence. 

 

In terms of next season, I would expect to see something like this, based on a 4-3-3 and signing Havertz  (first choices in Bold)

 

                                  Pulisic.                  Werner.               Ziyech.                                               

                                                  Mount                 Havertz                                                                                       

                                                                  Kante         

 

                                  CHO         Abraham / Giroud         Willian  

                                                     RLC             Barkley     

                                                               Kovacic                                                                         

Edited by Rob B
Formatting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chelboy   
41 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

 

I've seen a lot of Werner and personally have absolutely no doubt he is far, far better playing as a 9 than he is out wide and that's where I expect him to play the majority of games.

 

 

Interesting, from what I have seen of him he tends to play LW better. He times his runs better as a LW and tends to run in between full back and CB. He also plays well with a partner up front but as a solo striker I haven’t seen much all round play.

Swapping Werner for Tammy wouldn’t really be adding that many more goals to the team imo. Its the wide players that need higher numbers. Both Tammy and Werner will probably be our top scorers next season so to drop one wouldn’t make much sense to me. Tammy will probably get more joy against low blocks than Werner and low blocks are mostly what we have struggled with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now