• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

12 minutes ago, Rob B said:

1) - we don't compare him to Giroud who is one of the best in the world at this

yes, and doesn't score much

16 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Interesting, from what I have seen of him he tends to play LW better. He times his runs better as a LW and tends to run in between full back and CB. He also plays well with a partner up front but as a solo striker I haven’t seen much all round play.

Not sure how much you've seen of him but me and my boys watch a lot of Bundesliga and the vast majority of games we have seen he's played up front. Dont know how reliable it is but transfer market has him down as playing 3 out of 34 league games from the left and 31 up front. I would concur with that from what I saw, hardly ever saw him play from the left.

16 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Swapping Werner for Tammy wouldn’t really be adding that many more goals to the team imo. Its the wide players that need higher numbers. Both Tammy and Werner will probably be our top scorers next season so to drop one wouldn’t make much sense to me. Tammy will probably get more joy against low blocks than Werner and low blocks are mostly what we have struggled with. 

No but having a front 3 of Werner, Pulisic and Ziyech changes everything. Add Havertz to it and its frightening. 

Also not sure how you get Tammy, Werner, Pulisc and Ziyech in the same team unless someone plays out of position. 

Frank is going to have some hard choices next season, especially if Havertz signs. One of them will probably be in regards to Tammy. Yes he's had a very good season, yes he looks like he can play a role for us but I'm not sure he gets in a team that includes Ziyech, Werner, Pulisic and potentially Havertz. 

Lots of games next season, lots of options and lots of versatility so I dont doubt everyone will get plenty of game time but if we really want to get back to the very top we will need to be ruthless.

1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

No but having a front 3 of Werner, Pulisic and Ziyech changes everything. Add Havertz to it and its frightening. 

Also not sure how you get Tammy, Werner, Pulisc and Ziyech in the same team unless someone plays out of position. 

Frank is going to have some hard choices next season, especially if Havertz signs. One of them will probably be in regards to Tammy. Yes he's had a very good season, yes he looks like he can play a role for us but I'm not sure he gets in a team that includes Ziyech, Werner, Pulisic and potentially Havertz. 

Lots of games next season, lots of options and lots of versatility so I dont doubt everyone will get plenty of game time but if we really want to get back to the very top we will need to be ruthless.

Seems like outside defence, all the cast iron certainties this year (Tammy, Mount, Willian) are going to be on the bench.
All the players marginal or trying to break in (James, Tomori, CHO, RLC) will be very marginal or off on loan.

All those praising Frank for playing our kids may be very disappointed.
Of course "Our Kid No 1" is the manager. Still wonder if he will get to lead the new, expensive team.

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Still wonder if he will get to lead the new, expensive team.

He will, I'm certain. 

Leo91   

I'm more interested in what we're going to do about the defence. I want a new goalkeeper who can challenge Kepa. Preferably one who knows the league.

chelboy   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Seems like outside defence, all the cast iron certainties this year (Tammy, Mount, Willian) are going to be on the bench.
All the players marginal or trying to break in (James, Tomori, CHO, RLC) will be very marginal or off on loan.

All those praising Frank for playing our kids may be very disappointed.
Of course "Our Kid No 1" is the manager. Still wonder if he will get to lead the new, expensive team.

Mount won’t be benched often and will feature in many games.  James and Azpi will be rotated to give both a good amount of games and who knows they may both still be our best full backs next season. RLC won’t be going on loan and Tammy will most likely start. Tomori and CHO would likely go on loan which makes sense. 

And of course Lamps will still be in charge by the start of next season. 

chelboy   
4 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

I'm more interested in what we're going to do about the defence. I want a new goalkeeper who can challenge Kepa. Preferably one who knows the league.

I think Lamps made up his mind about Kepa a long time ago. I would be very surprised if we don’t sign a GK. We simply don’t have a choice. As for GK’s in the PL there are not many I would sign that are available. 1 or 2 at max. 

Rob B   
11 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Mount won’t be benched often and will feature in many games.  James and Azpi will be rotated to give both a good amount of games and who knows they may both still be our best full backs next season. RLC won’t be going on loan and Tammy will most likely start. Tomori and CHO would likely go on loan which makes sense. 

And of course Lamps will still be in charge by the start of next season. 

Largely agree - Tammy will get games for sure, but not sure he’ll be “first choice”  - Werner won’t be played on the left when Pulisic is in the sort of form he’s in currently. 

7 minutes ago, chelboy said:

I think Lamps made up his mind about Kepa a long time ago. I would be very surprised if we don’t sign a GK. We simply don’t have a choice. As for GK’s in the PL there are not many I would sign that are available. 1 or 2 at max. 

Nick Pope and Aaron Ramsdale are both improvements and at clubs that would more than likely sell if the right offer came in.

Dean Henderson is another but United almost certainly wouldn’t sell to us.  He’d have to massively push for it and even then it’s unlikely. 

chelboy   
53 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Largely agree - Tammy will get games for sure, but not sure he’ll be “first choice”  - Werner won’t be played on the left when Pulisic is in the sort of form he’s in currently. 

Nick Pope and Aaron Ramsdale are both improvements and at clubs that would more than likely sell if the right offer came in.

Dean Henderson is another but United almost certainly wouldn’t sell to us.  He’d have to massively push for it and even then it’s unlikely. 

I think he will be first choice based on the system we play. We play direct long balls to the strikers and ask them to hold it up sometimes, we also play a good amount of crosses. Pulisic coming into form does make things more interesting but I don’t see a Werner type forward leading the line especially against low blocks. 

I wouldn’t touch Pope or Ramsdale. They are decent but not a good GK. Henderson I would like but as you said United won’t sell to us. Unfortunately they won’t reward us for giving them Mata and Matic. 

Who then? We've been linked with Onana and Areola but both have their flaws and many don't see them as clear improvements over Kepa, particularly when it comes to being commanding and vocal. Seen people suggest Predrag Rajkovic at Reims but no actual links. 

Edited by Bridge Soldier