• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

chelboy   
30 minutes ago, Bridge Soldier said:

Who then? We've been linked with Onana and Areola but both have their flaws and many don't see them as clear improvements over Kepa, particularly when it comes to being commanding and vocal. Seen people suggest Predrag Rajkovic at Reims but no actual links. 

Strakosha in Lazio has been impressive this season. Seems a solid GK does have his odd moments but as a shot stopper and commanding GK I would say he is probably the best in the market we can get for a good price.  I heard there was a GK in the Turkish league who was linked to us sometime. No clue who he was. 

Strakosha could be a good shout although I'm not sure how much Lotito would demand. 

The Turkish keeper was Trabzonspor's Ugurcan Cakir I think. Can't claim to have seen anything of him.

Ham   

I'd literally settle for a big tall keeper who sometimes catches a corner.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

All the players marginal or trying to break in (James, Tomori, CHO, RLC) will be very marginal or off on loan.

Doubt it, they are done with loan deals, more likely someone like Gilmore will be loaned for the season to another PL club for experience with someone like Ampadu or maybe even Conor  replacing him.

7 hours ago, Leo91 said:

Bournemouth Keeper Aaron Ramsdale looks like a good punt and probably reasonably priced when Bournmouth get relegated

Player Nation Pos Squad Age Born MP Starts Min GA GA90 SoTA Saves Save%
Aaron Ramsdale eng ENG GK Bournemouth 21 1998 33 33 2,970 56 1.7 157 106 68%
Kepa Arrizabalaga es ESP GK Chelsea 24 1994 30 30 2,700 39 1.3 88 52 58%

paulw66   
2 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Bournemouth Keeper Aaron Ramsdale looks like a good punt and probably reasonably priced when Bournmouth get relegated

Player Nation Pos Squad Age Born MP Starts Min GA GA90 SoTA Saves Save%
Aaron Ramsdale eng ENG GK Bournemouth 21 1998 33 33 2,970 56 1.7 157 106 68%
Kepa Arrizabalaga es ESP GK Chelsea 24 1994 30 30 2,700 39 1.3 88 52 58%

Not the biggest either. 

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Not the biggest either. 

Or great stats either, not much of an upgrade.. 

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Or great stats either, not much of an upgrade.. 

I wouldn't want him but I'm not sure you can hold his stats against him as much - he's basically at the end of a shooting gallery playing behind that Bournemouth defence and is still saving more than Kepa. I wonder what Cahill's stats would have been like for Bolton before he joined us for example.

paulw66   
1 hour ago, FrankLampard8 said:

I wouldn't want him but I'm not sure you can hold his stats against him as much - he's basically at the end of a shooting gallery playing behind that Bournemouth defence and is still saving more than Kepa. I wonder what Cahill's stats would have been like for Bolton before he joined us for example.

Could argue that works the opposite way

A GK at the foot of the table faces a lot of shots, and therefore has the chance to make a lot of saves

No doubt Cahill at Bolton was making more tackles and headed clearances per game than JT was in 2005