• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

4 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Or great stats either, not much of an upgrade.. 

If the club wants a top draw keeper then it going to cost a kings ransom, which could impact the funding for a dominate CB

Maybe the club should keep Jamel Blackman for next season  to challenge kepa rather than keep employing over 30's pensioners who are happy to sit on the bench

paulw66   
10 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

If the club wants a top draw keeper then it going to cost a kings ransom, which could impact the funding for a dominate CB

Maybe the club should keep Jamel Blackman for next season  to challenge kepa rather than keep employing over 30's pensioners who are happy to sit on the bench

Trouble with that is that Blackman doesn't play. Not much good for his development. Second choice keeper at any decent club is generally an old keeper who doesn't mind not playing 

chelboy   
31 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

I think you can get a good GK for £40M. We can even get a older GK for a short term fix if it helps.  

17 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Trouble with that is that Blackman doesn't play. Not much good for his development. Second choice keeper at any decent club is generally an old keeper who doesn't mind not playing 

you are right, however Jamal is 26 and you never know he might turn out to be half decent if given a chance with the first team squad, or at least good enough to keep Kepa on his toes.

Oh yes he is also 2m tall "a huge plus" :0)

2 minutes ago, chelboy said:

I think you can get a good GK for £40M. We can even get a older GK for a short term fix if it helps.  

No Chance - especially as the footballing world knows it is one position that the club needs to strengthen.

bert19   

Given that there are no imminent signs of Henderson actually replacing De Gea, I think we should be going to his agent with the promise that he'll be our no. 1 and that we want him.  If nothing else, it'll upset United's applecart 

1 hour ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

If the club wants a top draw keeper then it going to cost a kings ransom

And it's already spent.

27 minutes ago, chelboy said:

That would explain why everyone is so happy with Kepa ...

My guess, some of you are going go have to get used to Kepa being here a while. Less than 2 years into a 7 year deal after a £70m signing means he is going absolutely nowhere.

chelboy   
24 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

And it's already spent.

My guess, some of you are going go have to get used to Kepa being here a while. Less than 2 years into a 7 year deal after a £70m signing means he is going absolutely nowhere.

He might stay but I still think we will get a new GK. Not a pricey one but an upgrade GK. Honestly it shouldn’t cost that much to get an upgrade on him. My guess is he won’t like being on the bench much especially considering his position as Spain no.1. I could see him leaving on loan with wages being split amongst both clubs. We are going to have to take a big loss on him no matter what.

paulw66   
1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

And it's already spent.

I wouldnt be shocked if he joined a Spanish club on loan.

Rebuild his reputation, and we might find a buyer 

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Could argue that works the opposite way

A GK at the foot of the table faces a lot of shots, and therefore has the chance to make a lot of saves

No doubt Cahill at Bolton was making more tackles and headed clearances per game than JT was in 2005 

I knew someone would say this. You could interpret it that way... but I'd argue that Bournemouth should in theory give away more high quality shots than us (although at times this season that's felt questionable!) and yet he still saves 10% more of them than Kepa.