• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Rob B   

Quite a few Chelsea Journo’s came out and dismissed this straight away - of course that doesn’t mean we’re not interested, it might just not be done yet 

Kezza   

Looks like a keeper who has strong wrist and good reflexes. Already better than statue Kepa.

chelboy   
4 hours ago, Leo91 said:

Pope seems to have problems with low shots. It’s been like that for a while now. Very good at high shots and aerial balls though. He’s an upgrade but I still don’t think he’s good enough. Before the restart his XG was close to Kepa and Pickford, he seems to have had a massive improvement in his last 3-5 games . He’s one to keep an eye on for the future I suppose. Definitely better than Pickford but don’t think he’s better than Henderson. 

Rob B   
8 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Pope seems to have problems with low shots. It’s been like that for a while now. Very good at high shots and aerial balls though. He’s an upgrade but I still don’t think he’s good enough. Before the restart his XG was close to Kepa and Pickford, he seems to have had a massive improvement in his last 3-5 games . He’s one to keep an eye on for the future I suppose. Definitely better than Pickford but don’t think he’s better than Henderson. 

Agree that Henderson is the one to get, but also probably the least attainable.

Pope will be 29 by the end of next season which seems to surprise a lot of people - I guess he looks younger.

I really hope we prioritise a GK and at least one CB before a LB and a No.10 sort of player.  If we sign Chilwell (or A N other) and Havertz and then leave ourselves short of funds or short of time before the window closes, we need our heads testing. 

chelboy   
45 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Agree that Henderson is the one to get, but also probably the least attainable.

Pope will be 29 by the end of next season which seems to surprise a lot of people - I guess he looks younger.

I really hope we prioritise a GK and at least one CB before a LB and a No.10 sort of player.  If we sign Chilwell (or A N other) and Havertz and then leave ourselves short of funds or short of time before the window closes, we need our heads testing. 

Oh wow I thought Pope was still early 20’s. My guess is Chilwell won’t be happening as we won’t pay for his price. GK and CB we don’t have a choice. Both are needed. Defence needs leadership and nonsense defenders and Kepa is still underperforming as a GK. Yes he has a poor defence in front of him but Kepa stats especially for XG dont lie. Save percentage doesn’t tell you much about a GK.

We still do need a midfield playmaker. Havertz has a bit of everything and I can see why we want him. We can’t forget about how much we lack playmakers in this team and I don’t think Ziyech alone is enough. Havertz work rate is something he will have to improve though or maybe it’s his style that makes him look a bit lazy sometimes. 

This bloke from the Turkish side, looks like he could be as bad as kepa

only 4 clean sheets in 39 games, conceding 46 goals

We need to buy someone in the Cahill mold, okay he wasn't the best on the ball BUT he could defend and organise the defense.

Lewis Dunk? Ake? Both?

13 minutes ago, Never happy said:

We need to buy someone in the Cahill mold, okay he wasn't the best on the ball BUT he could defend and organise the defense.

Lewis Dunk? Ake? Both?

Both. I'd definitely be looking at Dunk if I were in charge, I'd probably enquire about Tarkowski at Burnley too. They may not be the most glamorous of players, but for me, they are the kind we need, a bit of no-nonsense British CBs, willing to not just defend to the death, but ensure those around them do it as well. You would like to think one of those two is gettable and then find them a 'ball playing CB' to play alongside and I'll feel much better.

Leo91   

I don't watch enough football to say who we should get. I only play fantasy football so that's all I've got to go off hehehe. But I've heard good things about Dunk.