• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

4 hours ago, chelboy said:

Dunk is pretty good on the ball. He is technically very good. Better than most think. 

Yeah, that's fair. I wasn't trying to downplay that side of his game, but it's his leadership qualities I think we need the most... a good, solid defender who can organise a defence and be a proper leader.

On 09/07/2020 at 4:13 PM, Rob B said:

In terms of next season, I would expect to see something like this, based on a 4-3-3 and signing Havertz  (first choices in Bold)

Pulisic.                  Werner.               Ziyech.                                               

Mount                 Havertz                                                                                       

Kante         

CHO         Abraham / Giroud         Willian  

RLC             Barkley     

Kovacic                                                                         

Think you’re right and it’s not a bad front 6, either as first or second choice. The issues is the back 5. 

On 09/07/2020 at 7:59 PM, Leo91 said:

I'm more interested in what we're going to do about the defence. I want a new goalkeeper who can challenge Kepa. Preferably one who knows the league.

I’d be happy with a keeper who knew how to catch a ball. Once. 

On 10/07/2020 at 6:20 PM, paulw66 said:

I wouldnt be shocked if he joined a Spanish club on loan.

Rebuild his reputation, and we might find a buyer 

I’d be shocked if any team would want him (unless we continued to pay his wages). 

On 10/07/2020 at 7:12 PM, Mark Kelly said:

Currently 25 best goalkeeper statistically in the Premier league which means that some second choice keepers are performing better when given the opportunity. 

And I’m sure there’s another 25 keepers in the league system already that would do a better job than Kepa. He’s the worst keeper I’ve ever seen playing regularly at this level. Not a single strength in his arsenal, just a bunch of weaknesses. 

On 10/07/2020 at 7:57 PM, Mark Kelly said:

Are you arguing that he's a "good" keeper like DWMH is? 

Because even though he's not as bad as we (including me) sometimes make out, I think it's a stretch to call him "good". 

He has no strength to his game he's adequate. 

IMG_20200710_190421.jpg

Adequate? He absolutely useless. If I needed someone to catch beach balls at my party I wouldn’t call Kepa. 

7 hours ago, chelboy said:

Pope seems to have problems with low shots.

Well since Kepa has problems with every type of shot and cross I suppose Pope would be a massive upgrade. 

paulw66   
On 10/07/2020 at 6:57 PM, Mark Kelly said:

IMG_20200710_190421.jpg

The trouble with data like this is, it is entirely subjective. Who decides waht an "exepcted goal" is or an "expected save"? 

I don't need stats to tell me that Ederson has had a poor season, and that Roberto was just about the worst keeper I have seen in this league. 

Edited by paulw66

4 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

The trouble with data like this is, it is entirely subjective. Who decides waht an "exepcted goal" is or an "expected save"? 

I don't need stats to tell me that Ederson has had a poor season, and that Roberto was just about the worst keeper I have seen in this league. 

Ahh you see , that's where this data comes in handy , Ederson has been quite good and Roberto has been better than Kepa lol .

paulw66   
1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

Ahh you see , that's where this data comes in handy , Ederson has been quite good and Roberto has been better than Kepa lol .

Quite!

chelboy   

Ederson had a poor season? Since when... Roberto only played about 5 games so I wouldn’t look at his. 

Most Gk stats will have Kepa towards the bottom.  XG save can be slightly different for each websites but they are roughly around the same and all will have Kepa underperforming in that aspect. I think the measurements are from where the shot was taken and where it ends up towards the net. There’s probably more factors to it than that such as speed, flight of the ball etc. 

paulw66   
37 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Ederson had a poor season? Since when... Roberto only played about 5 games so I wouldn’t look at his. 

Most Gk stats will have Kepa towards the bottom.  XG save can be slightly different for each websites but they are roughly around the same and all will have Kepa underperforming in that aspect. I think the measurements are from where the shot was taken and where it ends up towards the net. There’s probably more factors to it than that such as speed, flight of the ball etc. 

Absolutely. 

Manchester derby at OT he was at fault for both goals. 

Lamela goal at the Emirates early on, he just passed it into the net from 25 yards, and it didn't even go in the corner 

Several errors, but he doesn't have to do a lot most games. City have lost 9 games, the same as Arsenal, who have had an awful season

44 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Have you a website that explains how they calculate keeper ratings?  
Or are they all just taking GA - xGA and puttling the whole blame down to the keeper (and ignoring the impact of the defenders who allow free shots from 3 yards).

My guess is that most use GA - xGA and pretend they are doing something more with no explanation.  
And while we can see analysis of the data pretty much anywhere, I have only found one site so far that actually provides the underlying XG data on a season, club, game and even an opportunity level of detail.
https://understat.com/team/Chelsea/2019 

Edited by Droy was my hero