• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, chelboy said:

Xg save tends to be shots that end up on target for the GK. If they don’t up on target then it’s just calculated as XGA which goes towards the team rather than the GK. It makes sense really. Thats why both figures can be different. 

I don't understand that - sorry.
Do you have a link to where xg saves are shown.
Or even a 2nd website other than Understat where simple XG is calculated for all games and reported.

Right now xg saves doesn't seem to be based on anything that I can find (or at most is a purely theoretical concept).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leo91   

I'm going to say a name and run away

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Fraser Forster.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

I'm going to say a name and run away

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Fraser Forster.....

You may need a moped 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bert19   
1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Personally I don't think Kepa is the right Keeper for our particular circumstances but he's been OK recently. 

The save for the first goal at the weekend was a great save seeing as it took I think two deflections on the way to him and he still got the blame for not stopping it, meanwhile Christensen is wondering what he's having for tea. 

Ironically I would choose Schmeichel as a replacement and he had an absolute mare yesterday. 

Keepers, they're mental. 

Agree on the first bit.  He's not been wonderful, but our backline really don't help him. 

First goal on Saturday he makes a great reflex stop and no one reacts to try to clear the ball.  

Second goal, Christensen and Zouma are both on their own, each 2 metres from McBurnie.  Gave him time and space to place that header perfectly.  If either are marking there, he just can't head that ball so decisively and easily.  

Third goal, no goalie can plan for one of their centre-backs to do what Rudiger did. It was bloody shocking.  

 

I'm no great fan of Schmeichel (I think he's a knob to be honest), but he'd make a huge difference here because he's aggressive and has presence.  If Rudiger and co defended like they have been with him there, at least one of them would have been flattened when he came for a corner or given enough of an earful that they wouldn't want to make the same mistake twice.  

We don't have anyone near that tough in our side.  I'm looking at a lot of of squad and there is no one there willing to ball anyone out at half-time or during a match.  Azpi's a great servant to the club, but he's not going to tear a player a new one.  We need a couple of tough b**tards

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
11 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

I'm going to say a name and run away

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Fraser Forster.....

 I hope we can aim higher than Southampton's 3rd choice keeper. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

 I hope we can aim higher than Southampton's 3rd choice keeper. 

 

Cech is willing to come out of retirement 

Save the money use the money on a CB - Give Jamal Blackman his chance to challenge Kepa for the shirt next season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chelboy   
33 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I don't understand that - sorry.
Do you have a link to where xg saves are shown.
Or even a 2nd website other than Understat where simple XG is calculated for all games and reported.

Right now xg saves doesn't seem to be based on anything that I can find (or at most is a purely theoretical concept).

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.fourfourtwo.com/amp/features/premier-league-goalkeepers-expected-save-statistic-liverpool-alisson-chelsea-kepa-schmeichel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chelboy   
46 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Yuo can't, which is kind of my point about stats.

Take Saturday.........first goal, striker has a free volley, deflects and a good save, then their striker sticks the rebound in, with static defenders everywhere. 2nd goal unmarked, fee header from 6 yards. Third goal, miskick and goal gaping from 8 yards......... I'm sure Kepa's save percentage on Saturday was awful, but he had no chance with any of the three goals. You can go on through the season. Palace the other day, Benteke scores from 3 yards, then Kepa makes a worldlie from similar distance (and gets no credit)..low percentages again. West Ham, again free shots, headers, all close to goal......... 

I'm not saying he has been good, but by God, he has been exposed. He was our Keeper last year and we conceded 39 goals, the 3rd best in the division.  

But XG give a better indication of how many easy chances you are conceding. Thats my point. I’m not talking just about Sheffield I am talking about during the season his stats don’t look impressive. I know the defence in front of him has been poor but he is still underperforming in his own department. If anyone can show me shot stopping or goal preventing stats where he is not bottom 5-8 in the league then maybe I could look at it differently but based on what I have seen and  statistics I think he has been below average this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, bert19 said:

 

 

I'm no great fan of Schmeichel (I think he's a knob to be honest), but he'd make a huge difference here because he's aggressive and has presence.  If Rudiger and co defended like they have been with him there, at least one of them would have been flattened when he came for a corner or given enough of an earful that they wouldn't want to make the same mistake twice.  

We don't have anyone near that tough in our side.  I'm looking at a lot of of squad and there is no one there willing to ball anyone out at half-time or during a match.  Azpi's a great servant to the club, but he's not going to tear a player a new one.  We need a couple of tough b**tards

 

This is exactly why I'd advocate for Schmeichel, he's a big mouthed opinionated organiser who takes no sh*t from anyone and he's a very good keeper if a tad short. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Yeah but it isn't a database or anything anyone can use.
you can't see how it works.
As far as I am concerned some guy has collected his own numbers, done his own AI analysis and published a result.
 
It means nothing unless you can break it down to game by game numbers that can actually be checked.

Compare understat where you can actually see all the incidents of each game and how they add up to the games XG score

https://understat.com/match/11989

image.png.627d02390300bd99ffba125b320e35d9.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now