• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

chara   

Always amuses me when folks talk about "easy" saves etc....I always make the save from my couch...

Somewhere in the Keepers book of Zen is the "Managing to make the wrong move at the right time"..Followed by the " Don't expect most to see the "clever" stuff because it looks easy"..and the last page all on it's own.."Get a tough skin because it's ALWAYS your fault"

Plenty more in the BOOK!!!

I do not comment on Kepa now but wonder how any keeper would look with the way the defence operates usually.

1 minute ago, chara said:

Always amuses me when folks talk about "easy" saves etc....I always make the save from my couch...

I've saved every Panenka penalty ever taken.

chara   

I'm stuck in town waiting for an oil change to be completed so rambling a bit...got to play for a while with one of my local best CHs...relished the chance but as it happened it was not a good mix...no disaster but not a smooth unit..the best CH I played behind was like a perfect duet...but we had no time for each other off the pitch..but got transferred as a pair to a better club...

Transfer results are not just pegs in a hole.

• Like 1

JaneB   
29 minutes ago, chara said:

Somewhere in the Keepers book of Zen is the "Managing to make the wrong move at the right time"..Followed by the " Don't expect most to see the "clever" stuff because it looks easy"..and the last page all on it's own.."Get a tough skin because it's ALWAYS your fault"

Plenty more in the BOOK!!!

I do not comment on Kepa now but wonder how any keeper would look with the way the defence operates usually.

Indeed.  He must have lost confidence in them and vice versa.  It's a vicious circle and terminal.

31 minutes ago, chara said:

Completely agree with this. 

I don't think Kepa should be judged until he has a half competent defence in front of him. Yes he has looked poor at times and maybe makes more mistakes than others but he must be a nervous wreck, all of the time.

It's difficult to say if any other keeper would fair better, I suspect not by much, if at all. 

25 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

I don't think Kepa should be judged until he has a half competent defence in front of him. Yes he has looked poor at times and maybe makes more mistakes than others but he must be a nervous wreck, all of the time.

By the same token I'm not sure how the defence can be judged until they have been drilled for weeks by a defensive minded coach.
They all look a bit shell shocked  when teams attack us in numbers, and particularly shell shocked when a big guy jumps up for a well targeted cross.

The easiest bit of coaching to observe (or note its absence) is our own corners.  2 or 3 games ago we tried the choo choo train with great success.  2 games later we have abandoned it and are as aimless as ever.
If we aren't rehearsing attacking corners we are probably not rehearsing defensive ones much.

Maybe we can get Big Sam to do a few sessions for us.

Leo91   
2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I hope we can aim higher than Southampton's 3rd choice keeper. 

Always seems to have blinders in Europe for Celtic whenever I watched them. Good shot stopper. Would be cheap and good #2. I'd feel comfortable with him in the stick tbh

Edited by Leo91

Kezza   

I read Onana is available for 26m. If true what are we waiting for?

Edited by Kezza

12 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Him to prove he's worth it. 

He's not. 

5 minutes ago, Kezza said:

The stuff of dreams.  Takes me back to rumours that we were getting Quim but we got Hilario instead.