• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Leo91   

Can't Petr scout a GK for us ? Onana just looks like a similar build to Kepa for me to feel truly confident, can see him being overwhelmed. 

paulw66   
Just now, Leo91 said:

Can't Petr scout a GK for us ? Onana just looks like a similar build to Kepa for me to feel truly confident, can see him being overwhelmed. 

He's 6'3..... But not sold either 

chelboy   
43 minutes ago, Bridge Soldier said:

What is it about Onana people don't rate?

Good shot stopper but not sure he's very commanding or vocal. He would be my third choice. 

synavm   

At this point, Nick Pope or Dean Henderson would probably be my top realistic choices. That said, I'm still not entirely convinced we should sell Kepa. I'd much rather invest in a total overhaul of the defence.

Rob B   
42 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Good shot stopper but not sure he's very commanding or vocal. He would be my third choice. 

The thing that stood out for me from the 10 minutes or so of YouTube clips I’ve watched (I know, I know) is that his handling seems to be a bit erratic.  Like he’s handling a bar of soap!! 

He parries that ball a lot, and even when he “catches” the ball, he tends to push the ball into the group and catch the rebound.  Just seems a bit chaotic for me.

John Cross has just ‘dropped an exclusive’ that we are in for Jan Oblak and are prepared to offer Kepa + cash. Could be lazy journalism by assuming Kepa will only go back to Spain plus Athletico need the money, but if it isn’t, that would be hell of a deal.  For most people he is in the top 5 keepers globally 

8 minutes ago, Rob B said:

The thing that stood out for me from the 10 minutes or so of YouTube clips I’ve watched (I know, I know) is that his handling seems to be a bit erratic.  Like he’s handling a bar of soap!! 

He parries that ball a lot, and even when he “catches” the ball, he tends to push the ball into the group and catch the rebound.  Just seems a bit chaotic for me.

John Cross has just ‘dropped an exclusive’ that we are in for Jan Oblak and are prepared to offer Kepa + cash. Could be lazy journalism by assuming Kepa will only go back to Spain plus Athletico need the money, but if it isn’t, that would be hell of a deal.  For most people he is in the top 5 keepers globally 

Have they got any centre halves? 

chelboy   
16 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Oblak is just a dream unfortunately. Atletico would never let him go unless release clause is met. They would most certainly never do a swap for Kepa. 

I would offer them up to 3 players in return if I could. 

Edited by chelboy

Yeah, that sounds utterly fanciful.

Signing Henderson seems very unlikely too. United fans are convinced he'll take over from DDG sooner or later, that Henderson himself is United through and through and wants to stay and become their long term no. 1. 

Edited by Bridge Soldier