• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

^ "The Slovenia international has a release clause of £108m in his contract, which Chelsea are very unlikely to pay, although they may look to bring down the price by offering Kepa in exchange as part of the deal, but it is not clear that the La Liga side want him."

Should have thought that would increase the price, rather than decrease it ...

bert19   
3 minutes ago, blue moon said:

^ "The Slovenia international has a release clause of £108m in his contract, which Chelsea are very unlikely to pay, although they may look to bring down the price by offering Kepa in exchange as part of the deal, but it is not clear that the La Liga side want him."

Should have thought that would increase the price, rather than decrease it ...

Willing to accept 120M + Kepa 😂

1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

If we then added Oblak, a top quality centre half and a left back which is probably doable for around £200m then we would be right up there. It would be the stuff of dreams. 

RA's dreams, not yours or mine.  Which makes them achievable.

44 minutes ago, bert19 said:

Might be a case of Roman striking while the iron is hot (for him anyway). 

The apparent relaxation of FFP presumably plays a part too

Or it might be Marina has told a lot of clubs that if they are in trouble and need to sell, then we are the club with the cash.  Oblak for example.
Generally when a club says openly it's player is being bid for, the best explanation is that it has turned a bid down.

FFP - yes dead for now, as all clubs will be showing massive losses, even selling clubs.
It is an opportunity.

46 minutes ago, bert19 said:

Maybe we dont sign anyone else and it's all bollox but there is some signs pointing to us going for it again. It's a nice thought if nothing else.

I'm enjoying it now while I can.

paulw66   

Heard a rumour Atletico are struggling to find a cash for an instalment on the Morata transfer (whatever that amount is) ..........would only help our cause

10 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Or it might be Marina has told a lot of clubs that if they are in trouble and need to sell, then we are the club with the cash.  Oblak for example.
Generally when a club says openly it's player is being bid for, the best explanation is that it has turned a bid down.

Could very well be something in this. I dont think Werner was a player we had any chance of signing before, Havertz even less so. Oblak? Never in a million years. 

There will be so many clubs that struggle financially after this, so many. We appear not to be one of them, we must be one of the best propositions for any player right now, I bet Marina is dealing with clubs and agents on a daily basis asking for us to take them. 

bert19   
7 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Heard a rumour Atletico are struggling to find a cash for an instalment on the Morata transfer (whatever that amount is) ..........would only help our cause

There was something months ago about them trying to negotiate the fee down and Marina refusing point-blank wasn't there. I had always put that down to Chelsea being unimpressed by Morata and his comments in the press about "always wanting to be there" but as you say, could definitely help our cause now. 

chelboy   

Yeah some some reports have said AM are struggling financially but I don’t see them lowering price for Oblak. There’s many others they can sell rather than him. I think we are just testing them , it would take the full £120M release clause to get Oblak. They do have other players such as Partey, Lodi and Gimenez that would be big upgrades to this team. 

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

So historically transfers were done on a 50% now, 50% in 12 months time basis and I presume that is still the norm (though a loan and sale like Morata might be different).
So long as all deals are done that way, it means money in can go straight on the same basis.

Chelsea used to offer 100% up front, because we could and because some clubs liked that.
I should think right now, when clubs are selling to pay 75% of the wages rather than to spend on other players, a cash up front offer sounds good.

But I'd be wary of treating any money rumour too seriously right now.  Easy to interpret anything as a cash flow issue now, and even easier to invent a cash flow issue as fake evidence for a false rumour too.

8 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

So historically transfers were done on a 50% now, 50% in 12 months time basis and I presume that is still the norm (though a loan and sale like Morata might be different).
So long as all deals are done that way, it means money in can go straight on the same basis.

Chelsea used to offer 100% up front, because we could and because some clubs liked that.
I should think right now, when clubs are selling to pay 75% of the wages rather than to spend on other players, a cash up front offer sounds good.

But I'd be wary of treating any money rumour too seriously right now.  Easy to interpret anything as a cash flow issue now, and even easier to invent a cash flow issue as fake evidence for a false rumour too.

Now add the money lenders to the mix !

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51038488

Apparently we should be due some bonus dough from Eden winning the title with RM. Guessing he hasn't hit any of the goal bonuses yet if they exist. Happy for him that he achieved a dream, albeit he's had a difficult season.