• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

25 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Eh?  The best get loaned, the weaker ones stay - has been the way for decades.  Please explain if you have a different understanding - give us a laugh instead of just mocking the commonsense view.

Really 

there are many cases of acadamy players whether through the ranks or imported, being loaned out for seasons and then sold without kicking a ball for the 1st team. 

Also during Emenalo tenure the club brought players with the purpose of loaning them out continually to make another source of income to the club?

Edited by RobertoftheGiz

11 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

there are many cases of acadamy players whether through the ranks or imported, being loaned out for seasons and then sold without kicking a ball for the 1st team. 

I think you are rambling - what is the purpose of that statement.

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

(Why do we think Tammy dropped to the Championship last year rather than stay in the Prem?)

In Tammy's case he decided to stay and fight for a place at Chelsea, despite having offers of a PL loan. Then the season started and he realised he wasn't going to play, so he changed his mind. He was only able to move to the Championship because it was the first year that the PL window shut on the first day of the season, however for EFL teams it remained open to the 31st August which is the day he joined villa last minute.

47 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

But with Ampadu it is not clear if we ever had the ability to recall him from his loan without Leipzig agreement (they stated he would stay).

Seems we couldn't, I'm sure if he had said he wanted to leave and made a fuss it may have been possible. Strange one. I think he is better off going to the championship where he will get more games and nail down his position.

Amapdu just needs to play next season, and any level (within reason) that will happen will be good enough. It's not about forgetting how good he can be, but remembering how young he is. He can more than afford a 35+ game season in the Championship next season, but absolutely cannot tolerate a -10 game seaon at any higher level. He (and the club, but mostly him personally) needs to play the long game. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

In Tammy's case he decided to stay and fight for a place at Chelsea, despite having offers of a PL loan. Then the season started and he realised he wasn't going to play, so he changed his mind. He was only able to move to the Championship because it was the first year that the PL window shut on the first day of the season, however for EFL teams it remained open to the 31st August which is the day he joined villa last minute.

Well that is how it was reported.  The championship loan worked out really well for him though and was probably the best idea anyway.  Picking PL teams that won't get relegated (which is lets just say stressful for all involved) but will play a young loan player is not easy.  It is one thing for established players (Lukaku, Moses, Zouma had track records at international or PL level).  Not so easy for 19 year olds (RLC was 21).  Bertrand didn't get a PL loan till he was 24.  Van Aanholt got 3 games at Wigan before his loan was cut short and he went to Vitesse.  I'm struggling to find examples of successful PL loans for anyone under 22 and not already PL proven.

12 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Well that is how it was reported.  The championship loan worked out really well for him though and was probably the best idea anyway.  Picking PL teams that won't get relegated (which is lets just say stressful for all involved) but will play a young loan player is not easy.  It is one thing for established players (Lukaku, Moses, Zouma had track records at international or PL level).  Not so easy for 19 year olds (RLC was 21).  Bertrand didn't get a PL loan till he was 24.  Van Aanholt got 3 games at Wigan before his loan was cut short and he went to Vitesse.  I'm struggling to find examples of successful PL loans for anyone under 22 and not already PL proven.

And particularly at CB I am struggling to think of any player under the age of 21 that has come through playing there in the PL. Phil Jones, he then moved to United and played in midfield and RB. Zouma was breaking into our first team at 20 and would have played more if he didn't get injured. Can't remember if Ake played in midfield at Watford. John Stones did it. There's probably a handful of others but It would be pretty out of the ordinary for Ampadu to play regularly at CB so he is best off going to the Championship.

TVF sums it up well

34 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Amapdu just needs to play next season, and any level (within reason) that will happen will be good enough. It's not about forgetting how good he can be, but remembering how young he is. He can more than afford a 35+ game season in the Championship next season, but absolutely cannot tolerate a -10 game seaon at any higher level. He (and the club, but mostly him personally) needs to play the long game. 

Rob B   

Worth bearing in mind with Ampadu that he spent huge amounts of time out injured with this constant back injury. 

Transfer Market have the injury down as 143 days which is almost 5 months.  I remember Ryan Giggs coming out and comparing his injuries to Gerrard’s at a similar age and putting it down to growing. 

Depending on what business we do, I’d be tempted to bring him back. He could always go on loan in January, but I think he’d get a fair share of game time under Frank. 

Flinkers   

Everything I read here was that we had no recall option and the coach thought he had far better alternatives in the squad. I’m not sure if the loan was organised before Nagelsmann took over, but it’s certainly clear he didn’t rate him. We clearly underestimated how competitive Leipzig was going to be and the standard of the Bundesliga in general.

A German team might be a decent bet for him again but he needs to drop down at least another tier to a team like Wolfsburg, Frankfurt or Hoffenheim. Mönchengladbach was an upper mid-table team when Christensen went there. A top 4 team won’t touch him. A team challenging for the top 4 won’t touch him. Personally speaking, I don’t think a team challenging for promotion from the Championship would take him either.

But wherever he goes, he can’t be stuck for the whole season again.

Leo91   

Not like he put in a MOTM performance vs Spurs in Europe for them..

Ham   
9 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Not like he put in a MOTM performance vs Spurs in Europe for them..

Criminally underrated.