• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

21 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

We should buy Martinez from Arsenal, he's been fantastic when deputising for Leno. Miles better than anyone we have and he's desperate to be a success. Has the hunger! 

Martinez + Has  the hunger = going back to being a little bit of a bloater :0)

34 minutes ago, Bridge Soldier said:

Really? Jamal Blackman is almost 27, has played 11 football matches in 2 years (2 at Championship level, 9 at League one level) and has had some very bad injuries. I liked the look of him years ago but I really don't think he should even be in the discussion to come in as competition for Kepa. Having him around wouldn't do anything to alleviate my worries about our goalkeeper situation.

cannot see why its not a good idea, the priority is the defense in front of the keeper rather than spend millions on another bench warmer  - if it does not work out with Jamal or he gets injured again, I am sure the club will be able to find another out of work OAP to act as 3rd choice.

The club can survive another season with Kepa, if the line in front of him is fixed

paulw66   
3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Zappacosta has had nasty injuries and is only just beginning to start games since the break.  I've always thought he could have been used by us a lot more (especially ahead of Moses).  But agree at 28 and 2 years on his contract he will be hard to move on for a fee.

He hardly picks him though if you count the minutes.  He has been playing when 2 out of Kante, Jorginho and Kovacic have been out.
I suspect Barkley is a whiner and constantly knocking at the manager's dressing room, hence the constant positive mentions to the media.  No sympathy from me.

Surely we have loads of homegrown and FA grown players now.  

3 hours ago, Bridge Soldier said:

He'll appeal to other clubs for being home grown I think he means.

3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

As I understand it PL clubs are still allowed 17 overseas players.  Other than for the top 6 or 7 clubs I can't see that is any kind of limitation.  And I can't see any top 6 clubs being interested in Barkley.

I meant other clubs might be tempted to buy Barkley as he's HG. 

Yes, we have plenty. 

What do you mean by top 6? Counting Wolves in that or Leicester? 

23 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

What do you mean by top 6? Counting Wolves in that or Leicester? 

Leicester have a stack of players in Barkley's mould who are still on the up in their careers.  
Barnes, Maddison,  and Tielemans are all a class ahead of Barkley IMO.  
I can't see Barkley interesting Wolves either.  Let alone Spurs, Arsenal or Man U (or frankly us ever again).

Ham   
1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

Love the Ornstein piece getting so much traction despite the obvious 'but Havertz is waiting a bit to see what else might be on offer' get out clause that basically tells you everything you need to know about the author's confidence in their own story ...

City became a player again since the Havertz to Chelsea stories started.  

20 minutes ago, Ham said:

City became a player again since the Havertz to Chelsea stories started.  

Back in the beginning of Cities rise during the Mancini era they would basically outbid for everyone elses targets

25 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Leicester have a stack of players in Barkley's mould who are still on the up in their careers.  
Barnes, Maddison,  and Tielemans are all a class ahead of Barkley IMO.  
I can't see Barkley interesting Wolves either.  Let alone Spurs, Arsenal or Man U (or frankly us ever again).

Tielemans cost Leicester ~40 million, whereas Barkley cost 15 million. Is Tielemans really a 25 million upgrade on Barkley?

2 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Tielemans cost Leicester ~40 million, whereas Barkley cost 15 million. Is Tielemans really a 25 million upgrade on Barkley?

Easily yes.

2 hours ago, exiledblue said:

Back in the beginning of Cities rise during the Mancini era they would basically outbid for everyone elses targets

Well I can't blame them for that - it was our secret to success in 2004 and our route to rebuilding in 2012-14 when we out bid on all they young talent.

It is going to be very interesting this year.  City must be losing tons on wages in their "Real accounts".  Their owners rely on oil income and the sponsor (brother) ran an airline.  I reckon some of City's elder players have held their value about as much as a used 747 has this summer, while their running costs are pretty similar.  

Ham   
38 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Easily yes.

Well I can't blame them for that - it was our secret to success in 2004 and our route to rebuilding in 2012-14 when we out bid on all they young talent.

It is going to be very interesting this year.  City must be losing tons on wages in their "Real accounts".  Their owners rely on oil income and the sponsor (brother) ran an airline.  I reckon some of City's elder players have held their value about as much as a used 747 has this summer, while their running costs are pretty similar.  

I'm sure I read that they diversified into renewable energy to future proof.  

10 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Easily yes.

LOL