• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Not sure why so many are against Chilwell, he is one of the best left backs in the league and only 23. I'd get the argument about the cost if it meant us not getting other targets, if we signed him and didn't have the money for Havertz or a new goalkeeper for example but that's not going to happen.

If we do get Havertz after already signing Werner and Ziyech why do people care how much Chilwell costs?

I think that it's because he's barely any better on what we have , a bit faster than Alonso , but not as good going forward or defensivelyif we play Alonso as a wb , he's OK but horribly overpriced , we also  know at the prices they want we're being had over ,   their right back is a far better player .

Edited by Mark Kelly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

In your opinion which is more critical for next season, LB of Commanding CB?

Personally CB all day long, I like Alonso and have always thought Azpilicueta is a better left back than right back.

The problem with getting a new CB is that the right one might not be available. Maybe though with a proper goalkeeper the need for a new CB isn't as great. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think that it's because he's barely any better on what we have , a bit faster than Alonso , but not as good going forward or defensively , he's OK but horribly overpriced , we also  know at the prices they want we're being had over ,   their right back is a far better player .

he's an awful lot faster than Alonso, although nowhere near as good a footballer but no left back is. 

Pace and energy are quite simply two of the main attributes needed for a modern day full back though.

Personally as I just said in a previous reply I'm more than happy with Alonso and Azpilicueta as left backs and would prioritise a top quality CB above a new left back all day long.

However if we can't get the right CB or the club feel the 4 we have will be much better going forward with a decent goalkeeper than I'm ok with Chilwell, regardless of the price.

If anyone had said to me three months ago our summer transfers would be Ziyech, Werner, Havertz and Chilwell plus potentially a new goalkeeper I'd have laughed my head off. It would be an outrageous transfer window.

I'd also absolutely love Declan Rice but that's probably being greedy. He walks into our team and would be our future captain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still have hope for Rudiger. There were definite signs of improvement at the end. He has had a dreadful time since his injury comeback , but I'd like us to keep him for now. I'd also like Tomorri to be more involved. Not sure there is much hope for Christenson. We will get decent money for him though if we choose to sell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

I still have hope for Rudiger. There were definite signs of improvement at the end. He has had a dreadful time since his injury comeback , but I'd like us to keep him for now. I'd also like Tomorri to be more involved. Not sure there is much hope for Christenson. We will get decent money for him though if we choose to sell. 

Agree with Rudiger, I think he is potentially top class but as you say hasnt been the same thi season.

I think Zouma has really stepped up too, he's still only 25 and showed so much promise the year he played alongside JT before his injury. I think he's very underrated by most of us, myself included. 

My only concern is that both and Tomorri too no doubt would be much better alongside a proper leader, someone that reads the game and organises a defence better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

I think Zouma has really stepped up too, he's still only 25 and showed so much promise the year he played alongside JT before his injury. I think he's very underrated by most of us, myself included. 

I think if Zouma is going to be that monster dominant CB that we hoped he might be, we wouldn't be having the problems we have right now when he is already 25.  Rudiger on the other hand has been an excellent CB for the previous 2 years.  And his forte is his pace and outsprinting the most rapid of opponents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

Agree with Rudiger, I think he is potentially top class but as you say hasnt been the same thi season.

I think people forget he missed a good chunk of the early season and he was probably rushed back in the hope he could settle our shaky defence.

I'm interested to see what he can do with a (albeit short) preseason under his belt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Onana vs Pope, I'd go Pope all day long. I've been saying for the last few weeks I think we're better off getting in a proven PL GK, we need to make sure we're signing a GK who can come straight in and improve us, not a player who needs a season to adjust to the league etc.

I think a lot of people are overlooking playing style. That wasn't as important for keepers a few years back but I think it makes a huge difference in the modern game.

Onana is used to playing with a high line in front of him and playing the sweeper keeper. He is also used to playing with his feet having come up through the Barca academy and then playing in this Ajax side.

Pope is definitely my second choice as he is a great shot stopper, attainable, probably reasonably priced (comparatively) and PL proven - however, he has played behind the deepest defence going and I haven't looked at the stats but I'd be shocked if he's not attempting far more long balls to Wood and Barnes up top.

Edited by FrankLampard8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think if Zouma is going to be that monster dominant CB that we hoped he might be, we wouldn't be having the problems we have right now when he is already 25.  Rudiger on the other hand has been an excellent CB for the previous 2 years.  And his forte is his pace and outsprinting the most rapid of opponents.

I agree, Zouma will probably never become what some of us hoped he might but he has had a good season and certainly worth keeping around.

Rudiger, I have said many times, I absolutely love and have no doubt he will get back to his best. 

I keep saying it like a broken record but all our centre halfs seem to lack real leadership and organisational skills. I dont necessarily think we need to spend a fortune on a new player, we need an organizer and a leader. The best example I can think of right now is someone like Jonny Evans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally , out of the two I think Zouma had the better season .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now