• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

I'm watching the Brentford V Swansea game basically to see how, Gallagher and Guehi are doing, but we really need to be looking at Brentford number 11, Ollie Watkins, he's a fabulous player. 

Guehi and Gallagher have both been good too. 

Edited by Mark Kelly

Ham   
13 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'm watching the Brentford V Swansea game basically to see how, Gallagher and Guehi are doing, but we really need to be looking at Brentford number 11, Ollie Watkins, he's a fabulous player. 

Guehi and Gallagher have both been good too. 

Benrahma impressing as usual too

10 seconds later he misses a sitter🙈

Edited by Ham

24 minutes ago, Ham said:

Benrahma impressing as usual too

10 seconds later he misses a sitter🙈

He missed three I think, one he was really unlucky with, hit the inside of the post and bounced out across the front of the goal.

They're a really good side. Next seasons Bournemouth. 

I've warmed to Declan Rice and would be happy with bringing him in only if we can offload Christiensen first, and play Rice as a CB and not midfield since we are already well stocked in that department. If he's bought in as a 'replacement' for Jorginho to play DM/regista role then it will be disappointing and self-defeating move from the club. Yes Rice can provide leadership in midfield but so can Jorginho. Where we actually need a leader/organizer is in defense. Chillwell on the other hand I still maintain is overrated and not worth 40million, let alone the 80+ that Leicester would want.

Ham   
Just now, Tammy's right foot said:

I've warmed to Declan Rice and would be happy with bringing him in only if we can offload Christiensen first, and play Rice as a CB and not midfield since we are already well stocked in that department. If he's bought in as a 'replacement' for Jorginho to play DM/regista role then it will be disappointing and self-defeating move from the club. Yes Rice can provide leadership in midfield but so can Jorginho. Where we actually need a leader/organizer is in defense. Chillwell on the other hand I still maintain is overrated and not worth 40million, let alone the 80+ that Leicester would want.

Apparently they want £60m but even so. 

The only place he wins is with his PL experience. 

Screenshot_20200729-205225_Twitter.jpg

Everton supposedly interested in Ivanovic. Got nothing against him wearing a blue shirt again, just not ours!

paulw66   
On 29/07/2020 at 8:31 AM, Martin1905 said:

Not sure why so many are against Chilwell, he is one of the best left backs in the league and only 23. I'd get the argument about the cost if it meant us not getting other targets, if we signed him and didn't have the money for Havertz or a new goalkeeper for example but that's not going to happen.

If we do get Havertz after already signing Werner and Ziyech why do people care how much Chilwell costs?

Firstly......is he? Is he really much better than we have already? Ignoring the price, I just don't see him as a massive upgrade, so is there any point? Ziyech, Werner and possibly Havertz all look like being big improvements in big areas. 

Following on from the above:

Secondly, for the alledged fee, whether it is £60, £70m, £80m, you should be buying the world's best left back, or certainly one of the top 3. At an absolute bare minimum, you should be making a MASSIVE upgrade on what is already here. Why do I care how much? Well, quite franky even if we sign other players in other areas, it must at some point negatively affect our budget for other transfers and wages either this season or next. It's such a large amount (even before wages) that can't have no impact at all. 

I gurantee there is a left back somewhere who we could get for £20m or so who is as good as Chilwell. I just don't know who that is. Whether it is Tagliafico or Telles.....there is someone.  

11 hours ago, Ham said:

Apparently they want £60m but even so. 

The only place he wins is with his PL experience. 

Screenshot_20200729-205225_Twitter.jpg

He is also 4 years younger than Tagliafico and Telles who both play for the league champions in pretty weak leagues - the bottom of the Liga Nos and Eredivisie are nowhere near comparable to the Premier League.

He's also 3 years younger than Gosens. Personally, I would be wary of signing anyone from that Atalanta side because of Gasperini and his system. They could easily be great, the team is fantastic so they aren't bad players. However, I wonder how much of it is system and fit with what they are doing there rather than individual talent. Some coaches just make teams greater than the sum of their parts.

If no CL football, Covid and a transfer request can bring the price down, I still think Chilwell is a better option than the other guys listed (although I'd still like Reguilon but he hasn't even been linked as far as I know).

If there was a possibility of signing Alaba I would be all over it ahead of those 4 players. It may not appear as financially sound as signing one of the younger players but I think his experience would be a huge positive in the squad. He is in the last hear of his contract so may not cost the earth. I like Alonso and I'm not averse to him staying, however if we do find buyers for both our LB's and signed Alaba and a Telles or Tagliafico for a small net outlay it would be good business.