• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

16 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

They have had more penalties this season than we have in the last 5 combined

And in answer to the last point, they are no more fluid than City, Liverpool etc or when we had Hazard, Willian, Costa as a front 3 

Just imagine a world where your manager doesn't have to go onto a popular TV program to complain about the way your clubs games are refereed compared to everyone else and has to point out the lack of Premier League penalties in comparison to Champions League ones.

The very thought that Costa would been considered to have been wronged when 99% of the time they were aching to send him off is hilarious in a sad way .

I really think the club should start rattling a few cages , we are far too nicey nicey with the incompetent/bent PGMOL and with the editorial and directorial policies of the BBC , SKY and BT Sports who appear to be desperate for the opposition to beat us . 

I don't want favoritism , I just want an even playing field.

Watching Wolves Seville to see what Reguillon is like. 

Avoid. 

Every time he got the ball he passed backwards. 

paulw66   
11 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Watching Wolves Seville to see what Reguillon is like. 

Avoid. 

Every time he got the ball he passed backwards. 

bearing in mind we had the worst goals per game conceded since 90/91, the three things I want for any new full back are:

1. can he defend properly

2. can he defend properly

3. can he defend properly

It's refreshing to see the press do not have a Scooby who the club are looking at "apart from Havartz", and just throwing any old names out to fill the column inches

paulw66   

Milan heavily linked with Bakayoko. EUR 3m loan for a year, with an option to buy for EUR 35m

Would be great, if true (cue numbers being shot down)

Expect we will see a lot of loans with options to buy this window across Europe

3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Milan heavily linked with Bakayoko. EUR 3m loan for a year, with an option to buy for EUR 35m

Would be great, if true (cue numbers being shot down)

Expect we will see a lot of loans with options to buy this window across Europe

Doesn't make much sense to me. He currently has 2 years on his contract so will lose more in value than the 3m we receive and in a years time won't be worth 35m with only a year left. I would be up for the deal if it was an obligation to buy, but they didn't take up the option last time.

I read that he was willing to take a wage cut to leave, we want 20m euros and Milan are waiting til later in the window to drive the price down. All guesswork I imagine but seems more sensible than the above.

paulw66   
20 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Doesn't make much sense to me. He currently has 2 years on his contract so will lose more in value than the 3m we receive and in a years time won't be worth 35m with only a year left. I would be up for the deal if it was an obligation to buy, but they didn't take up the option last time.

I read that he was willing to take a wage cut to leave, we want 20m euros and Milan are waiting til later in the window to drive the price down. All guesswork I imagine but seems more sensible than the above.

it may well be 

Kezza   
43 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Clubs are taking advantage of the situation because they know we don't have a choice and we are desperate. Why buy a player permanently when you can loan him for a measly 3M. If he doesn't work out just flog him back to Chelsea not much lost. We may have to force clubs to sign a player permanently instead of giving out generous loans.

Ham   

I've historically half joked about adopting this transfer strategy for a few years since before Diego Costa and Felipe Luiz came over.

1) Make a bid for an Atleti player. 

2) See who they target as his replacement.

3) Buy him instead.

Screenshot_20200812-154506_Samsung Internet.jpg

paulw66   
20 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Clubs are taking advantage of the situation because they know we don't have a choice and we are desperate. Why buy a player permanently when you can loan him for a measly 3M. If he doesn't work out just flog him back to Chelsea not much lost. We may have to force clubs to sign a player permanently Instead of giving out generous loans.

You can't force clubs to do anything*. This isn't Goodfellas. 

*especially in this climate 

• Like 2