• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

39 minutes ago, Flinkers said:

A lot is overstating things - don't have much time with two young kids!

Having said that, I think we'd be pretty silly not to sign Havertz. He's comfortably one of the best players in the league already and has really stepped up his goals and assists since Bosz arrived in Leverkusen. Bosz tends to play a pretty aggressive, attacking style, so maybe that's why..? He's got great technique like most young Germans do, he gets himself into great positions on the field, seems to get open a lot (similar to Thomas Müller) and he's fast to boot. We'll miss Willian's pressing on the right but I think Havertz's/Ziyech's speed, directness and threat on the ball either through a cross or shot should compensate for that.

He seems to really like playing as right Inside Forward so IMO he'd be in direct competition with Ziyech if he came. I don't see him slotting in further back.

Regardless of COVID-19 etc, if we pass on him this season, we won't get a chance again.

Cheers mate, sums up pretty much what I think about him, although I dont see him in direct competition with Ziyech,  but then I've always thought he would end up playing as a '10'

One thing I think is certain though, I dont see either of them on the bench very often.

What I would really like to see is 

Werner

Pulisic Havertz Ziyech

Flinkers   
22 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Cheers mate, sums up pretty much what I think about him, although I dont see him in direct competition with Ziyech,  but then I've always thought he would end up playing as a '10'

One thing I think is certain though, I dont see either of them on the bench very often.

Werner

Pulisic Havertz Ziyech

That will probably end up being our starting forward line but I wouldnt be surprised to see depending on injuries:

Werner

Pulisic - Mount - Ziyech

in the first few weeks folllowed by a first change of Havertz. I think we'll move more towards the Doppel-6 that's favoured here, purely because our personnel (considering the players we're targetting) suits that set-up better than most formations and theoretically gives us better protection through the middle of the park. That's why, long term, I'd like to see a CF like Haller here.

Edited by Flinkers

Kezza   
25 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Werner

Pulisic Havertz Ziyech

This really had that look of 

Hazard Oscar Mata

Back in the days when it worked so well until Jose comes in and rock the boat.

2 minutes ago, Kezza said:

This really had that look of 

Hazard Oscar Mata

Back in the days when it worked so well until Jose comes in and rock the boat.

Coz we really went down hill after RDM and Benitez left.

2 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

Werner

Pulisic Havertz Ziyech

I certainly think on paper that would be our strongest line up, provided none of them flop. I still expect to see rotation but I reckon those 4 would have the lions share of the starts, and in those positions when all starting together. As you say, barring injuries.

Ham   
1 hour ago, kratos said:

Good ol' Mazcar.

I preferred excluding Oscar and just going with HazMat. 

1 minute ago, Bob Singleton said:

Dayot Upamecano anyone?

I like him but heard Arsenal were in for him? 

3 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Dayot Upamecano anyone?

By what I have seen so far he is some player, he has just signed a new contract with RB Leipzig, but I guess that doesn't mean anything today. Best potential c/b I have seen for a while.