• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Arguably the best young centre back talent in world football but he's raw and prone to the odd error. We were linked to him a couple of months back before he signed the new contract and I remember him making a couple of mistakes in a televised Bundesliga game and most of Chelsea Twitter decided he wasn't what we needed at this exact moment. But then he signed a new contract so I'd imagine the fee would be huge now.

47 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I like him but heard Arsenal were in for him? 

They certainly seemed interested a while back. Not sure if that interest waned when he signed the new contract Phoenix Blue mentioned.

Only problem I can see (from our point of view) is that it still wouldn't address the (lack of) leadership issues we have at the back. Everything else - pace, strength, fearlessness - he has in spades, and he's pretty comfortable on the ball, too.

Just now, Bob Singleton said:

They certainly seemed interested a while back. Not sure if that interest waned when he signed the new contract Phoenix Blue mentioned.

Only problem I can see (from our point of view) is that it still wouldn't address the (lack of) leadership issues we have at the back. Everything else - pace, strength, fearlessness - he has in spades, and he's pretty comfortable on the ball, too.

He's been imperious tonight absolutely superb, played Costa like he was a child. 

paulw66   
7 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

He's been imperious tonight absolutely superb, played Costa like he was a child. 

Take him in a heartbeat

xCELERYx   
7 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Dayot Upamecano anyone?

People rave about him quite a bit, unfortunately every time I've made the effort to watch a RB Leipzig game he's been remarkably underwhelming and error prone. 

xCELERYx   
6 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

TBF Costa isn't the same player we has been since he left here. At one point (may even still be the case, not really followed it up), but he had collected more bookings than goals. 

xCELERYx   
7 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Thoughts Bob on signing an older short term CB with some leadership qualities and experience - say Thiago Silva for example? 

Mentioned this the other week but I'd like to see us look at Nikola Milenkovic from Fiorentina. Currently being linked to both Milan clubs, while only having a contact until 2022. For me, he'd be an affordable no brainer and improvement on what we already have.

Edited by xCELERYx

4 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

Thoughts Bob on signing an older short term CB with some leadership qualities and experience - say Thiago Silva for example? 

Mentioned this the other week but I'd like to see us look at Nikola Milenkovic from Fiorentina. Currently being linked to both Milan clubs, while only having a contact until 2022. For me, he'd be an affordable no brainer and improvement on what we already have.

Agree - unless there is an outstanding CB under the age of 27 out there for a realistic price, getting a experienced CB as a short term fix would not be the end of the world

Ham   
4 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

People rave about him quite a bit, unfortunately every time I've made the effort to watch a RB Leipzig game he's been remarkably underwhelming and error prone. 

Yeah the last game I watched them in before this he was sent off early.

He seems a bit gung ho and we've got enough of those already.

I'd settle for a vocal leader like Dunk. 

6 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

I'd go with that. We need someone vocal and experienced to sort out the back line.

I think both Zouma and Rudiger would be OK with a strong leader next to them (remember Zouma next to Terry when Hidink was manager?) Both are more than decent, but can have bad moments. Rudiger for all his size can sometimes be bullied whilst Zouma's biggest problem is reading the game... he's reactive rather than proactive. Both need a "senior partner" to gee them up. Neither can be that "senior partner" for the other. I'm sure Christensen is a nice lad and trains hard, but I just don't think he's suited to the PL. He always looks better in our European cup games than in domestic competitions. I think we should cash-in on him if we can to make room for a leader. Tomori needs a season on loan playing week-in, week-out.

We definitely need a Terry/Kompany/Van Dijk style of CB that's for sure.