• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Just now, Ham said:

He's a young England player who's proven in the prem. Years ahead of him.  £50m plus is not surprising. 

I get the feeling that Lamps really wants a large English contingent in the squad, hence Chilwell, Rice, Pope on the radar. 

Unfortunately you have the English tax to pay then but..... We have the funds so why not. 

I'd be very happy if we bought all three to be honest. 

paulw66   
Just now, RobertoftheGiz said:

Umm £18.5 million Ramsdale?

Another bargain opportunity passed up by the club. 

Really?

Ordinary 

Don't think Ramsdale is nearly good enough for us. There are other options out there I'm sure we're looking at.

Edited by Bridge Soldier

15 hours ago, Bison said:

According to Wikipedia, Bayern signed Davies for $13.5m. What an absolute steal. Chilwell for 80m anybody?

It's called scouting, unless the player we want is a name or plays for a big team, WE ARE NEVER GOING TO BUY THEM,Plenty of players like him in mls, but unless clubs are prepared to take a chance, they won't be spotted.

Another good example is a player who starfed at Queen's Park, went to Hull, then went to Liverpool and won the league, Andy Robertson

Edited by Never happy

Kezza   

How did Bayern discover a talent like Alphonso Davies from Canada and an obscure league? I think while we've done really well with youth recently hopefully we will truly find a world beater at 20 years old some day. We've got a couple of half baked ones like RLC and Odoi but I would believe we'll find our own gem like Davies soon.

Edited by Kezza

gtiboy   
2 hours ago, King Kante said:

A couple of things with Chilwell. A lot of Leicester fans will be happy to drive him here for the figures talked about. 

Secondly, he isn't actually that good of a defender. One game that sticks in my head is the Man City game, where Mahrez destroyed him. Here is a touch video for Mahrez, Chilwell 90% of the time just backs off him. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Sku6mT17C3E

He did the same thing when we played Leicester away in the FA Cup, he watched Willian cross the ball in for our first goal scored by Barkley.

Rob B   
3 minutes ago, gtiboy said:

He did the same thing when we played Leicester away in the FA Cup, he watched Willian cross the ball in for our first goal scored by Barkley.

That’s not even close to being Chilwell’s fault 

Chilwell next season.  Priced like Moët & Chandon, but will he turn out to be just Prosecco.  Or Pomagne?

7 minutes ago, gtiboy said:

-He did the same thing when we played Leicester away in the FA Cup, he watched Willian cross the ball in for our first goal scored by Barkley.

3 minutes ago, Rob B said:

That’s not even close to being Chilwell’s fault 

Certainly Harvey Barnes, the No 15 who just watches Chilwell playing piggy-in-the-middle deserved a huge rollicking from Chilwell, captain, kit man and anyone else at the club.

Bison   

Ramsdale is 6'2. We obviously need a better goalkeeper than Kepa but one that's also taller with bigger reach.

I still can't get over us losing Bulka. He looked very promising in the pre-seaaon games that one year and is 6'6. He only signed a 2 year deal with PSG so who knows...