• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Know nought about him. Can you enlighten us (me)?

Serbian national goalkeeper who plays for Reims. Mid 20s. Every time I've seen him play he reminds me of a taller Kasper Schmeichel. Very vocal. Quick off his line. Spreads his body and makes outrageous stops. No fear in diving at strikers' feet or getting clattered when jumping at corners. Far too good for such a eam and I can imagine him being snapped up by a bigger club. Only question is consistency. He's in a average team with a poor defence, so his goals against stats look poor, but they'd be a hell of a lot worse without him. Reims also play with a low block, so how would he be playing for a side that plays higher up?

Edited by Bob Singleton

14 hours ago, paulw66 said:

So you want us to spend the best part of 20m on a GK for one season until we find a better one?

If your GK is a 5/10 surely the aim isn't to buy the first 6/10 you can get.... We need a 9

Yes - like most things, his stock will go up even if he has an average season. Not forgetting he's English and Southgate will keep looking at him if he is playing for one of the top 4 clubs.

I cannot see the point of paying this summer 100m for someone like Oblak, when the club is still in transition.

39 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Yes - like most things, his stock will go up even if he has an average season. Not forgetting he's English and Southgate will keep looking at him if he is playing for one of the top 4 clubs.

When did we last buy an average player and then sell him on easily?

17 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

When did we last buy an average player and then sell him on easily?

Morning Jack - Mikel, Matic, Oscar, SWP, Pizzaro, Djilobodji, Hector, Scott Parker, Ake to name a few

Ham   
2 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

It really wouldn't surprise me if the source (perhaps inspiration would be a better word) for this story is this forum. 

Dunk is a well known Chelsea fan and a somewhat competent CB, so is going to be talked about by Chelsea fans. Anyone needing to write things those same Chelsea fans will want to read needs to stay abreast of what the fans are talking about.

Could well be.

If we start discussing how Alphonso Davies and his dad are both Chelsea fans (true btw) and that he's interested in joining SFL (probably not true) then eventually it should make the mainstream media within 2-3 days. 

Edited by Ham

6 minutes ago, Ham said:

Could well be.

If we start discussing how Alfonso Davies and his dad are both Chelsea fans (true btw) and that he's interested in joining SFL (probably not true) then eventually it should make the mainstream media within 2-3 days. 

Right lads, let's coordinate our efforts ...

I wonder if fan speculation that blows up into press rumours has ever been the thing that gave a club the idea of making a bid for a player?

paulw66   
4 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Morning Jack - Mikel, Matic, Oscar, SWP, Pizzaro, Djilobodji, Hector, Scott Parker, Ake to name a few

My God..... How are any of those akin to signing a 20m rookiee ?

Half your list are international players with a stack of medals in their pocket

Ham   
3 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Right lads, let's coordinate our efforts ...

I wonder if fan speculation that blows up into press rumours has ever been the thing that gave a club the idea of making a bid for a player?

I'm hearing that talks have begun with BM. Terms agreed with the player. Tomori had an important part to play.  Chilwell was just misdirection. 

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/club-news/bayern-munichs-alphonso-davies-says-his-father-made-him-chelsea-fan/

xCELERYx   
3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Know nought about him. Can you enlighten us (me)?

1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

Serbian national goalkeeper who plays for Reims. Mid 20s. Every time I've seen him play he reminds me of a taller Kasper Schmeichel. Very vocal. Quick off his line. Spreads his body and makes outrageous stops. No fear in diving at strikers' feet or getting clattered when jumping at corners. Far too good for such a eam and I can imagine him being snapped up by a bigger club. Only question is consistency. He's in a average team with a poor defence, so his goals against stats look poor, but they'd be a hell of a lot worse without him. Reims also play with a low block, so how would he be playing for a side that plays higher up?

Bob pretty much covered it with his post. 

What I like about Rajkovic is both his size and footwork. He moves along his line smoothly, shuffles his feet and is often in control of the saves he does make. Of course, he isn't perfect. He's not a ball playing keeper by any means, while he could be a bit stronger claiming crosses. 

That all said, he'd be super affordable and an improvement on what we have. 

50 minutes ago, Ham said:

Could well be.

If we start discussing how Alphonso Davies and his dad are both Chelsea fans (true btw) and that he's interested in joining SFL (probably not true) then eventually it should make the mainstream media within 2-3 days. 

It has nearly worked already with Rice.
SFL = Scottish Football league?  :)

38 minutes ago, Ham said:

I'm hearing that talks have begun with BM. Terms agreed with the player. Tomori had an important part to play.  Chilwell was just misdirection. 

Poor CHO, once a £50m target, now a bit part in a swap for a LB.