• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

And that is with his barnet. I suspect he is more like 5'10"/5'11", he certainly looks significantly shorter than most CB's he stands next to. 

He hasn't stood next to many for over a year.  he might be quite a bit bigger when he comes back,  

8 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

If we make all the signings the press claim...

lineup.png

So much for picking the Academy players.  Rice is the only one there...

2 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

lineup.png

backups.png

There is no way Mount won't be in the first team next season. I also think James will.

I don't know what the Tomori issue is but I'd personally like to see him back in the first team next season, next to a new CB1.

Leo91   

Was like Tomori fell off a cliff. Was he even injured ? Seemed to be little knocks (easily faked?) or whatever keeping him out and never returned. OK he had a mistake in him but so did the rest of the defence. 

33 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Was like Tomori fell off a cliff. Was he even injured ? Seemed to be little knocks (easily faked?) or whatever keeping him out and never returned. OK he had a mistake in him but so did the rest of the defence. 

I think it was a combination of being the smallest CB, overplaying in dangerous positions and have a number of knocks that kept him out.

Tbf, SFL and Tomori himseld did indicate that he was meant to be loaned last season and he only stayed owing to the Luiz situation. Imo, if the club had been planning on shifting Luiz, Amapdu would've stayed rather than Tomori as Amapdu can play the central CB position properly owing to his passing range. Luiz was obviously meant to do this but things went south. 

6 hours ago, King Kante said:

Luiz was obviously meant to do this but things went south. 

..  or, in this instance, about 9 miles north-west

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

paulw66   
10 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

lineup.png

No way I see us starting the season with 8 new players. It would be folly to do so as well, IMO

7 hours ago, Whataloadofballacks said:

There is no way Mount won't be in the first team next season. I also think James will.

I don't know what the Tomori issue is but I'd personally like to see him back in the first team next season, next to a new CB1.

So who out of Werner, Pulisic, Zyech and Havertz (if he joins) drops out? 

paulw66   
10 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

So much for picking the Academy players.  Rice is the only one there...

It's a very interesting point. Part of the reason (ignoring his playing days) that SFL has been so popular is that we have a manager finally giving a chance to the academy players. The new signings (and reported targets) are going to severely negatively impact their game time. Especially Tammy, and possibly Mount to a lesser degree.

paulw66   
2 minutes ago, Bridge Soldier said:

I'm sure Tomori would have had opportunities to play after the restart had he not been injured. 

You say that, but he didn't start a PL game in 2020

Just now, paulw66 said:

No way I see us starting the season with 8 new players. It would be folly to do so as well, IMO

So who out of Werner, Pulisic, Zyech and Havertz (if he joins) drops out? 

Well I think a lot of people are expecting more of a 4-3-3 than a 4-2-3-1, with Havertz and Mount either side of Kanté (or another DM). That's not to say anything as to whether that formation would actually work (especially against the top teams) but it seems the most logical based on what we played towards the end of the season and the rumoured signings.