• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

paulw66   
10 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

but he has reached his limit, time with us and everton and I dont see how he has improved. Tomori has future growth in him.

so let him grow at Everton, and he comes back an improved defender. Great. 

paulw66   
21 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

For me, you pick a Christensen , you'll be picking the ball out of your own net guaranteed. He'd be my absolute last pick. 

did you honestly notice an improvement in our defending when he was left out, compared to others?

1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

did you honestly notice an improvement in our defending when he was left out, compared to others?

I cannot recall tbh , I am totally biased against him purely because he's such a wimp , its his woeful positional sense rather than out and out errors that go against him in my book. 

Sciatika   

Do people still pick players according to the opposition? If we are playing Leicester or Liverpool, I would be unlikely to pick AC because against counter-attacking sides, you need lots of pace. But that doesn't mean I won't pick him in other circumstances. It is better to find a selection of players that offer different sets of skills to maximise the diversity of the squad as a whole. As always, I would also be balancing my choice against the need to establish a first-choice pick and to build relationships between them. I would also be considering the requirement to rotate players because no one can play in all of the games. It sometimes seems to me that we diss players because they might not be the best whilst knowing that the four best CBs in the world would not be in the same squad, partly because no one could afford them and partly because they would not get sufficient game time. You need a mix of first choice and squad players.

57 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

so let him grow at Everton,  

Didn't do Zouma any harm

Edited by RobertoftheGiz

5 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

Absolutely shocking we are keeping Christensen and Rudiger while sending Tomori on loan.

Absolutely shocking someone suggests we do anything else.
He was 4th choice last year, and quite rightly.  He has his strengths but in a weak aerial defence,  which won't be improved by Thiago, he is the weakest.
If you think he has the biggest upside, then all the more reason to send him on loan rather than not even on the bench.

Irony - has anyone pointed out yet how the club sold a 32 yo Brazilian CB last summer and bought a 35 yo one this summer?

4 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Which means nothing, unless you believe all persons employed by the club should be mentioned of TCOWS?

??  all the other ones I can think of are.  and it is you who are trying to make him into some secret powerbase in the club.

1 hour ago, The_Ghost said:

Agree to disagree then. That Christensen is miles ahead of Tomori is laughable. If I would rank the performances, actual performance, among our 4 CBs last season it would be;

1. Zouma

2. Tomori

3. Rüdiger

4. Christensen

But we know Frank ranks them Zouma/Rudiger Christensen then Tomori.  and Frank will be picking them this season.  It is not that he hasn't seen much of Tomori.

1 hour ago, exiledblue said:

(Zouma)  but he has reached his limit, time with us and everton and I dont see how he has improved. Tomori has future growth in him.

And Rudiger has by far the best past performance level in under Conte and Sarri.

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

so let him grow at Everton, and he comes back an improved defender. Great. 

18 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Didn't do Zouma any harm

Yes and yes

39 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Didn't do Zouma any harm

didn't do him much good either. I wasnt and am not a fan. If anything he seems to have lost some speed.

26 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

But we know Frank ranks them Zouma/Rudiger Christensen then Tomori.  and Frank will be picking them this season.  It is not that he hasn't seen much of Tomori.

I think this is the point some are missing. It really doesnt matter if a few members of a forum think Tomori is better, the manager quite clearly doesnt. As you rightly say Frank has seen plenty of him, every day in training for 2 years and plenty of matches in that time. He quite clearly thinks the others are better and with that in mind going on loan to a decent top half premier league side is a very good deal. If he's as good as some on here think be will walk into that Everton side as their beat centre half.  We shall soon see.

26 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

And Rudiger has by far the best past performance level in under Conte and Sarri.

Some clearly dont remember how good he was for those two seasons. I genuinely thought we had a top class player, with his best years ahead of him and then last season happened. His level for those two years was light years ahead of the other 3. At the time I dont think I would have swapped him for another centre half in the league, with the exception of Van Dijk.