• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Ham   

The media lapping this sh1te up. We're spending the Hazard and Morata money plus the now available Pedro and Willian wages just like Klopp spent the Coutinho money.

Facts conveniently forgotten. 

They're a different kind of club alright. A shameless one. 

Just now, Ham said:

The media lapping this sh1te up. We're spending the Hazard and Morata money plus the now available Pedro and Willian wages just like Klopp spent the Coutinho money.

Either that or no one believes we got 190 odd mill for those two players.

I don't either.  Who does? 

Ham   
7 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

But you're not questioning how much they got for Coutinho/Paid for Allison/VVD. 

Edited by Ham

chara   

Has Herr Klopp checked who his boss is of late?..and has he checked the Nationality etc of the "Ruling Classes" of EPL Clubs?

Although I lived in relatively close proximity to Liverpool at one time I'm not familiar with Fenway as a district of Scouseland!...however a Summer spent in Massachusetts did bring Fenway to my attention...funny that. 

Rob B   
22 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

The point is that most of the Havertz, Werner and Ziyech fees will be funded by Hazard, Morata and possible savings on Willian and Pedro salary. 

Even if we got half of the £190m, we have still funded most of that forward outlay through sales.

I would expect circa 50% of Chilwell to be funded through the sale of Emerson shortly too. 

9 minutes ago, Rob B said:

The point is that most of the Havertz, Werner and Ziyech fees will be funded by Hazard, Morata and possible savings on Willian and Pedro salary. 

Even if we got half of the £190m, we have still funded most of that forward outlay through sales.

I would expect circa 50% of Chilwell to be funded through the sale of Emerson shortly too. 

Then you mean part funded.
We are still spending like a rocket while everyone else is being very cautious. I get that there is a context where we have underspent recently  but there is also a context where we seem to be the only club throwing fresh money into football.

My real point is that people ignore the made up numbers about what we got for Morata and Hazard because...   ... they are made up and not credible.

Emerson?  He is 26.  there isn't a club out there that isn't trying to get rid of 3 or 4 players as good as Emerson aged just a couple of years older.  He is precisely the category of player that will be hardest to shift.  PL bench, not starter.  Ideal Conte purchase.  Nothing like half of the Chilwell fee.

Ham   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

We are still spending like a rocket while everyone else is being very cautious. I get that there is a context where we have underspent recently  but there is also a context where we seem to be the only club throwing fresh money into football.

My real point is that people ignore the made up numbers about what we got for Morata and Hazard because...   ... they are made up and not credible.

Emerson?  He is 26.  there isn't a club out there that isn't trying to get rid of 3 or 4 players as good as Emerson aged just a couple of years older.  He is precisely the category of player that will be hardest to shift.  PL bench, not starter.  Ideal Conte purchase.  Nothing like half of the Chilwell fee.

Wasn't the Hazard money entered into fact on the back of another issue last week?

£143m.  

Add on the Morata money and "part funded" = 90% or so.

Why so petty?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ham said:

They're a different kind of club alright. A shameless one. 

He's bought into it hasnt he? The virtuous, self-appointed high moralled (no such word I know) club and people with integrity etc etc that is Liverpool. Just Pathetic.

paulw66   
6 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Why nit pick?

The point being made is that our transfer spree has been funded (significantly) by the previous sales in the same way Liverpool's was by the sale of Coutinho, yet Klopp seems to be salty about it.

Do you disagree the situations are similar and Klopp is being a touch hypocritical?

paulw66   
6 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Rob said "most" not all

Again, why nit pick?