• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

You're spot. You think of African players, and you think of skillfull players like Okocha or Eto'o or powerful players (not allowed anymore) like Drogba and Essien.

I can't think of one top class African keeper - ever! Maybe they are due, and it's this guy! Kameni is the only one that springs to mind. 

Kameni is a good shout actually. He is probably the best African keeper during the last 20 years or so.

I guess these things can change, whenever I watched the AFCON in previous years. Quite often, the goalkeeping was rather comical when compared with the technical ability of the outfield players. Ivory Coast was the obvious one, plenty of top payers throughout the team , but backed up with a bang average keeper who was still playing into his late 30s....his name escapes me.

2 hours ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Kameni is a good shout actually. He is probably the best African keeper during the last 20 years or so.

I guess these things can change, whenever I watched the AFCON in previous years. Quite often, the goalkeeping was rather comical when compared with the technical ability of the outfield players. Ivory Coast was the obvious one, plenty of top payers throughout the team , but backed up with a bang average keeper who was still playing into his late 30s....his name escapes me.

Gary Bailey although British born was brought up and played in Africa before moving to ManUre

Ham   
2 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Christophe Lollichon has been at the club since November 2007... time you spelt his name correctly, don't you think?

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Fair enough - guilty

For the record then Droy, and whilst we're on the subject, it's Havertz and not Harvetz. I know you support pedantry. 

1 hour ago, Ham said:

For the record then Droy, and whilst we're on the subject, it's Havertz and not Harvetz. I know you support pedantry. 

I'm getting the hang of that one.

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

I did like the comments on the 3 new players:  Werner, Ziyech and Havertz.

Ham   
28 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I'm getting the hang of that one.

Noted. 👍

Ham   
Just now, Rob B said:

If true, bit of a head scratcher?

Quite. Two recognised strikers sounds familiar.