• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

8 minutes ago, Rob B said:

If true, bit of a head scratcher?

Normally we sell the marginal players we can, not the ones we most want to get rid of.  Like Luiz last year while Moses, Bats and Baka are still on the books.
This year there is even less choice.
I suppose one of the big attractions now of old players like Thiago or Giroud is that they will sign very short contracts.

JaneB   
27 minutes ago, Ham said:

What??????  Didn't see that coming :-(  I can't keep up with it all.

Ham   

Hopefully they aren't really interested and are only really looking at a possible plan b if they don't get Chewy Luis. 

I bloody hope we don't sell Giroud , he's come out himself and said he's a typical plan "B" striker and different to the others on our books , he's not expecting to be first choice and has proven absolutely invaluable in his time here . 

The only little niggle I have is just based on my observation and speculation , namely , is there a chance he's a disruptive influence in the dressing room ? It always struck me as odd how Willian only came alive when Giroud was on the pitch and there were the snarky "little Tammy" comments at the beginning of last season.

Maybe SFL is looking for a more harmonious group with Willian and Giroud going ? 

paulw66   
19 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I bloody hope we don't sell Giroud , he's come out himself and said he's a typical plan "B" striker and different to the others on our books , he's not expecting to be first choice and has proven absolutely invaluable in his time here . 

The only little niggle I have is just based on my observation and speculation , namely , is there a chance he's a disruptive influence in the dressing room ? It always struck me as odd how Willian only came alive when Giroud was on the pitch and there were the snarky "little Tammy" comments at the beginning of last season.

Maybe SFL is looking for a more harmonious group with Willian and Giroud going ? 

Don't see it personally, otherwise they would have let him go by now. There was a lot of interest in January

I think Giroud is a model pro, and hope he stay. He offers that something different, especially against the low block

bert19   
48 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Don't see it personally, otherwise they would have let him go by now. There was a lot of interest in January

I think Giroud is a model pro, and hope he stay. He offers that something different, especially against the low block

Simon Johnson has posted that his sources have told them this isn't true and no one at the club wants to sell Giroud & he seems happy to stay.

I can think of half a dozen players I'd be trying to move on before I looked to sell Giroud tbh. Doesn't ring true that the club would be looking to sell a senior player with the qualities he has right now

1 hour ago, bert19 said:

I can think of half a dozen players I'd be trying to move on before.

The club is probably doing its best to loan out a number of players, it might however be a case of that there are issued with costs based on Covid which intern will go away nearer to the deadline. You also have the scenario of teams not performing or getting injuries during the opening 3 or 4 games of the season and needing reinforcements. "Ready for the Mr Burgundy show on transfer deadline day" 

JaneB