• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

25 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

But Pulisic got 10 so I guess no Messi this year (unless he want's Billy Gilmour's old shirt - it'll fit)

Might be a bit baggy on him, but I'm sure he could grow into it (with a bit of help)! 😉😉

2 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Might be a bit baggy on him, but I'm sure he could grow into it (with a bit of help)! 😉😉

:)  Do you think we should have given Human Growth Hormone  to Billy when he was 13?  (and Kepa now)

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

Thanks Paul. I wander in from time to time. Had C-19 back in March after a week at ExCel covering a busy international exhibition there and I'm still feeling it now (loss of appetite, nausea, shortness of breath, ache everywhere and have now developed arrhythmia... it's a f****er when you're 60. Brother in law who was 54 died of it back in April).

I've seen Mendy play a few times (I follow French football a bit) and he's tall, so he should be OK on crosses. My worry is that when making some saves he tends to push the ball out rather than away, giving attackers following up a chance they shouldn't really get.

Mind you, if bringing him in gets Kepa to up his game, then great. He had a poor season but he also had a poor defence in front of him, with (from a defensive point of view) a poor midfield ahead of them, leaving them exposed far too often.

Sorry to hear the above. Stay safe.

Hopefully some much needed joy when footy returns!

chara   
1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

Thanks Paul. I wander in from time to time. Had C-19 back in March after a week at ExCel covering a busy international exhibition there and I'm still feeling it now (loss of appetite, nausea, shortness of breath, ache everywhere and have now developed arrhythmia... it's a f****er when you're 60. Brother in law who was 54 died of it back in April).

I've seen Mendy play a few times (I follow French football a bit) and he's tall, so he should be OK on crosses. My worry is that when making some saves he tends to push the ball out rather than away, giving attackers following up a chance they shouldn't really get.

Mind you, if bringing him in gets Kepa to up his game, then great. He had a poor season but he also had a poor defence in front of him, with (from a defensive point of view) a poor midfield ahead of them, leaving them exposed far too often.

Hope all improving Sorry to hear you were sick...and still suffering. Good to see you back. I have Afib but well controlled with medication...wish you well of course.

Ham   
2 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Sorry to hear about your brother in law and hope you're back to full fitness soon Bob 👍

PS: What are your thoughts on those who deny covid19 exists?

Edited by Ham

3 minutes ago, Ham said:

Sorry to hear about your brother in law and hope you're back to full fitness soon Bob 👍

PS: What are your thoughts on those who deny covid19 exists?

Apart from saying that they are dangerously stupid and ill-informed?

They do tend to believe any and every conspiracy theory and crackpot idea going... 5G, climate change denial, flat earth, chem trails, etc., etc. The Venn diagram of those groups are pretty much circles on top of each other.

What I really want to say about them would get my blood pressure up to levels I don't want to get anywhere near. I also fear Jane would jump in and remind me not to bring politics into the forum (though I see it's OK for her favourite posters to prattle on for page after page on political subjects without let or hindrance)

• Haha 1

Ham   
27 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Apart from saying that they are dangerously stupid and ill-informed?

They do tend to believe any and every conspiracy theory and crackpot idea going... 5G, climate change denial, flat earth, chem trails, etc., etc. The Venn diagram of those groups are pretty much circles on top of each other.

What I really want to say about them would get my blood pressure up to levels I don't want to get anywhere near. I also fear Jane would jump in and remind me not to bring politics into the forum (though I see it's OK for her favourite posters to prattle on for page after page on political subjects without let or hindrance)

To be fair, I think the lack of any actual football for large parts of the past 6 months had led to people being allowed to discuss pretty much anything on here. 

Nice to have you back Bob but sorry to hear of health issues. Look after yourself. The long term effects of Covid are only starting to come to people's attention. Horrible virus. Sooner we get a vaccine the better. On a selfish front , another season without sports crowds looms. Sigh.

23 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Is sky Italia a bit of a dodgy source? I find this a bit hard to believe. 

He's denied it, says he's staying and knows he will make a contribution.