• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

JaneB   
21 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Apart from saying that they are dangerously stupid and ill-informed?

They do tend to believe any and every conspiracy theory and crackpot idea going... 5G, climate change denial, flat earth, chem trails, etc., etc. The Venn diagram of those groups are pretty much circles on top of each other.

What I really want to say about them would get my blood pressure up to levels I don't want to get anywhere near. I also fear Jane would jump in and remind me not to bring politics into the forum (though I see it's OK for her favourite posters to prattle on for page after page on political subjects without let or hindrance)

I wasn't going to bite but since I'm more or less running the forum on my own at the moment (more of which another time) I think I'm entitled to.

Despite what Bob says, and let's face it I can't do anything right by him, I'm doing my best to keep conversations on topic and get members to carry them on in private if they stray too far into politics etc.

I don't have favourite posters although I appreciate the support shown to me by some on here.  It's certainly more welcome than continually having snide comments thrown at you.

chara   
13 minutes ago, JaneB said:

I wasn't going to bite but since I'm more or less running the forum on my own at the moment (more of which another time) I think I'm entitled to.

Despite what Bob says, and let's face it I can't do anything right by him, I'm doing my best to keep conversations on topic and get members to carry them on in private if they stray too far into politics etc.

I don't have favourite posters although I appreciate the support shown to me by some on here.  It's certainly more welcome than continually having snide comments thrown at you.

The Football Clubs and players brought politics into the arena....if we can have opinions on the Game then surely "politics" related to the Game are an acceptable inclusion on a forum.

And....Jane ...don't wait for "another time" ...let us know what is going on ...maybe some help will be forthcoming or SUPPORT.

• Thanks 1

On 9/11/2020 at 0:53 PM, Bob Singleton said:

Thanks Paul. I wander in from time to time. Had C-19 back in March after a week at ExCel covering a busy international exhibition there and I'm still feeling it now (loss of appetite, nausea, shortness of breath, ache everywhere and have now developed arrhythmia... it's a f****er when you're 60. Brother in law who was 54 died of it back in April).

Hello Bob. Sorry about the loss of your brother in-law. Also happy to hear you beat covid notwithstanding still battling the after effects. Hang in there mate!

2 hours ago, JaneB said:

You’re doing a great job Jane. We’re all here in our spare time and that you are spending yours to make this forum feasible is absolutely ace. 

Keep it up! 

• Like 1

JaneB   
29 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

You’re doing a great job Jane. We’re all here in our spare time and that you are spending yours to make this forum feasible is absolutely ace. 

Keep it up! 

Thank you so much.  I really appreciate that, especially as we haven't always seen eye to eye on here!!

7 hours ago, Faramir said:

Good work Jane!

I don't post much these days but I read from time to time.

You should come back mate, we miss you. 

And of course kudos to the star of the show Jane who is doing a brilliant job on her own too. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, JaneB said:

Not sure why you're having to run it on your own, but it is appreciated, I imagine a lot of what you do isn't even easily noticeable but appreciated nonetheless.

I've offered to help with things on here several times before you started to be involved with helping and the offer still stands to whoever it is that makes such decisions.