• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

On 16/09/2020 at 1:08 PM, southcoastal said:

Barking !,

So they borrow £175 M from the Bank of England as a a short term bail out https://www.espn.co.uk/football/tottenham-hotspur/story/4106234/coronavirus-tottenham-borrow-175m-from-british-government

On schedule to lose 200 M this season,

Stadium 500M over Budget

Appoint a football Insolvency expert as Football Director

Look to sign former football playe Bale and break their Wage celing

Spuds jump the shark moment

Apart from the Dippers, it couldn't have happened to a better club. 

An observation !

Since Frank was appointed he has spent an estimated £200M on players cue much media bollox about expectations , pressure etc etc

In the same time period Dean Smith at Villa has spent the same, ( 140M last 60M to date this )  Media interest ? nah just tumbleweed

Do Villa count as plucky underdogs ?

2 hours ago, chelboy said:

It’s not about cost, Mendy would easily walk in. He is the better GK but it doesn’t take much to be better than Kepa. 

You are putting a lot of eggs in one basket, especially in terms of experience Mendy is a rookie, his claim to fame is one season in the top flight league in France. 

Has anyone seen how good Mendy is with his feet and ball distribution. seeing as we play out from the back?

35 minutes ago, southcoastal said:

An observation !

Since Frank was appointed he has spent an estimated £200M on players cue much media bollox about expectations , pressure etc etc

In the same time period Dean Smith at Villa has spent the same, ( 140M last 60M to date this )  Media interest ? nah just tumbleweed

Another one of Roman’s cunning plan. Put JT on the coaching staff and get him to provide input on player purchases. :0)

42 minutes ago, southcoastal said:

An observation !

People are scared of what we might achieve this year.
Villa are merely removing themselves from the relegation short list in a year when it is very long.

2 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Another one of Roman’s cunning plan. Put JT on the coaching staff and get him to provide input on player purchases. :0)

It would be really cunning if we could persuade them to buy some of our not-needed players.

6 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

You are putting a lot of eggs in one basket, especially in terms of experience Mendy is a rookie, his claim to fame is one season in the top flight league in France. 

There do seem a lot of similarities between Kepa and Mendy, although more clubs were interested in Kepa.

Bison   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

I see what you did there.

😉

30 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Has anyone seen how good Mendy is with his feet and ball distribution. seeing as we play out from the back?

Mendy may not be an outstanding keeper but it would be improbable that our Kepa replacement could be any worse. And the bar is very low; it doesn't get any lower than simply being required to be better than a historically bad goalkeeper.

20 minutes ago, Bison said:

😉

Mendy may not be an outstanding keeper but it would be improbable that our Kepa replacement could be any worse. And the bar is very low; it doesn't get any lower than simply being required to be better than a historically bad goalkeeper.

lets hope it not head in hands time again - he not signed so there is no chance of putting him in the firing line against the dippers

Am I the only one that thinks Mendy looks absolutely terrible?

Addmiditly it's only YouTube but even in his 'best of' videos he looks ****. Dont think I've seen one good save.

chelboy   
1 hour ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Couldn’t care too much about distribution if I'm honest, keeping the balls out the net is far more important. I would be surprised if Mendy is worse than Kepa because that is pretty hard to do unless you are literally throwing them in. I reckon we could even find a GK from League one that is better than Kepa.