• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

11 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Debatable at best, the difference with most if not all of them is negligible and like I said none of them are realistically available and none of them are top quality goalkeepers. 

Off form, every goalkeeper is ****, just look at De Gea, who although makes your list of keepers clearly better than Kepa has been replaced as Spain's number 1 by guess who?

The money we spent was outrageous, that is undeniable, doesnt make him a worse keeper than others though just because he cost more.

I

No it doesn’t. But the fact he is useless does. The £71m is just a slap in the face after realising you bought a FIAT at Ferrari prices. He is clearly worse than each of the eight keepers I listed. I’m stunned anyone would even try to debate it to be perfectly honest with you. 

Ham   
54 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Debatable at best, the difference with most if not all of them is negligible and like I said none of them are realistically available and none of them are top quality goalkeepers. 

Off form, every goalkeeper is ****, just look at De Gea, who although makes your list of keepers clearly better than Kepa has been replaced as Spain's number 1 by guess who?

The money we spent was outrageous, that is undeniable, doesnt make him a worse keeper than others though just because he cost more.

I

I was just about to respond to this ☝️ and then I read this 👇

41 minutes ago, chelboy said:

People tend to put GK mistakes down to them being on poor form or looking average. Allison and Ederson can make individual mistakes such as kicking it against an opponent or throwing the ball out for someone to chip them. Those kind of mistakes are once or twice a season type mistakes and they are usually brain fart moments rather than bad shot stopping. What Kepa is poor at is saving shots and commanding his box. Those are not individual mistakes those are fundamentals for a GK. Majority of the PL keepers are better shot stoppers than him and for sure a majority command their box better than him. He claimed no corners last season. How many corners will it take for Mendy to claim just ONE. 

GK’s like Lloris, Allison and Ederson still usually have good seasons even if they can make a couple of mistakes because their shot stopping is at a high level.  They usually have a plus figure for expected goals conceded rather than minus 12. We don’t see every chance they save or dont save but judging from stats most of them are high performers compared to our GK who we watch closely and clearly see he is below average in performance and awful in stats. There’s no way anyone can say Kepa comes close to any GK from the top half even DDG. DDG form has dropped but he is still definitely better than Kepa. Being picked for Spain doesn’t make a difference. Pickford gets picked for England when Pope and Henderson are better. We can send Kepa to the championship and I bet he wouldn’t be the best GK in the division. 

10 hours ago, chelboy said:

I reckon we could even find a GK from League one that is better than Kepa. 

the brentford keep is up for grabs, and he's spanish

top 10 keepers from the championship, take you pick,

two are now in the PL, each of them conceded 3 goals in the first PL match.

image.png.6666a578c673d0304ecd4330b7e2ac59.png

8 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

And no one thought he was being bought as No1 keeper then either.

LOL. Your memory certainly doesn’t do you many favours here. 

7 hours ago, chelboy said:

People tend to put GK mistakes down to them being on poor form or looking average. Allison and Ederson can make individual mistakes such as kicking it against an opponent or throwing the ball out for someone to chip them. Those kind of mistakes are once or twice a season type mistakes and they are usually brain fart moments rather than bad shot stopping. What Kepa is poor at is saving shots and commanding his box. Those are not individual mistakes those are fundamentals for a GK. Majority of the PL keepers are better shot stoppers than him and for sure a majority command their box better than him. He claimed no corners last season. How many corners will it take for Mendy to claim just ONE. 

GK’s like Lloris, Allison and Ederson still usually have good seasons even if they can make a couple of mistakes because their shot stopping is at a high level.  They usually have a plus figure for expected goals conceded rather than minus 12. We don’t see every chance they save or dont save but judging from stats most of them are high performers compared to our GK who we watch closely and clearly see he is below average in performance and awful in stats. There’s no way anyone can say Kepa comes close to any GK from the top half even DDG. DDG form has dropped but he is still definitely better than Kepa. Being picked for Spain doesn’t make a difference. Pickford gets picked for England when Pope and Henderson are better. We can send Kepa to the championship and I bet he wouldn’t be the best GK in the division. 

This is exactly it. Kepa fails with the basics meaning that he doesn’t even have a chance to EVER have a David de Gea season. Too much lacking in his tool box and that is the scary part. That we can throw £71m on a keeper that doesn’t even have the goalkeeping basics in his tool box! 

Keeper talk has gone very quiet. What are we waiting for or does Frank really not see it as a problem?

chelboy   
1 hour ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

the brentford keep is up for grabs, and he's spanish

top 10 keepers from the championship, take you pick,

two are now in the PL, each of them conceded 3 goals in the first PL match.

image.png.6666a578c673d0304ecd4330b7e2ac59.png

Casilla is a better GK. I don’t see what conceding 3 goals has to do with it when they play for lower half teams that will face more shots than us. 

9 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Rennes were a mid table team when we bought Cech from them.

Maybe if you watched a bit of football, read a bit about football instead of puffing your chest out and talking bollocks, you might not make such an arse of yourself so often!

Congrats on winning post of the decade with this one :) 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, chelboy said:

People tend to put GK mistakes down to them being on poor form or looking average. Allison and Ederson can make individual mistakes such as kicking it against an opponent or throwing the ball out for someone to chip them. Those kind of mistakes are once or twice a season type mistakes and they are usually brain fart moments rather than bad shot stopping.

No. I'm not talking about mistakes, I actually think Kepa makes very few compared to Ederson and Alisson, I'm talking about saving shots. Much like Kepa gets criticized for I dont not see a single keeper in this league that doesn't concede goals that they should be stopping.

GK’s like Lloris, Allison and Ederson still usually have good seasons even if they can make a couple of mistakes because their shot stopping is at a high level.

It really is not. 

There’s no way anyone can say Kepa comes close to any GK from the top half even DDG. DDG form has dropped but he is still definitely better than Kepa. Being picked for Spain doesn’t make a difference. Pickford gets picked for England when Pope and Henderson are better. We can send Kepa to the championship and I bet he wouldn’t be the best GK in the division. 

Well I'm telling you know I'm saying it. There is not much in Kepa from the year he played under Sarri to any other goalkeeper in the league. That season he was pretty much as good as any. 

11 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

There are a small handful of keepers that are better than Kepa, not that it says a lot but none of them are realistically available.

Look at the apparent best keepers in the league, none of them are particularly great, even Alisson who is seen by many as the best in the league, he's far from a great keeper but gets away with it because they are so good. Ederson? Average at best. De Gea? Utterly useless. Leno? Not terrible but that's about it. The only one in think is half decent is Schmeichel.

Kepa under Sarri was just about as good as any of them, under Lampard when we can't defended to save our lives, he and the defence look a nervous wreck, he wasnt great but improving the whole back line should be far easier than replacing him.

You normally talk a lot of sense, but I just can't see where you are coming from with this. All these keepers you name are streets ahead of Kepa, because they are a mixture of being very good shot stoppers or very imposing and commanding goalkeepers. These are key strengths Kepa lacks.

That's not too say he does not have some positive attributes. He is very vocal which is always useful for a Gk, he is quick across the ground and generally sweeps well and is decent on the ball. That's really where the positives stop though. Whilst those are all fantastic traits for any goalkeeper, it comes down to the fundamentals of what is most important for a GK. Unfortunately, for us and for Kepa, all of his positives rank below being a good shot stopper and being commanding.

It's a bit like having a striker who is incredibly quick with good technical ability, but is constantly offside and cannot shoot to save his life. The fundamentals kick in at some point and you give up on that pace and technical ability, because the basics just continue to let the side down.Bit like Adama Traore pre Wolves and pre Santo actually coaching him into the player he is now............trouble is the things Kepa lacks are not gonna improve by any amount of coaching.

5 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Well I'm telling you know I'm saying it. There is not much in Kepa from the year he played under Sarri to any other goalkeeper in the league. That season he was pretty much as good as any. 

You have to take into consideration that we had endless amounts of possession and went nowhere with it under Sarri. Which is a factor as to why he was less exposed!