• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Mendy's medical seems to be taking forever, Maybe he will be presented to the crowd before the KO tonight :0)

6 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Mendy's medical seems to be taking forever, Maybe he will be presented to the crowd before the KO tonight :0)

The way things are going he'll probably lift up the shirt with Mendy 13  on the back and drop it .

Ham   
1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

The way things are going he'll probably lift up the shirt with Mendy 13  on the back and drop it .

I hear he's more likely to parry it into the danger zone.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Rudi to PSG picking up steam.

They've bought some pretty odd things since they bought Mbappe and Neymar.
Herrera, Choupo-Moting from Stoke, Buffon and Navas at or near their career ends, Lassana Diarra and Alves ditto, 

It is looking like they have run out of money.  Owned by oil, sponsored by hotels....

3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

They've bought some pretty odd things since they bought Mbappe and Neymar.
Herrera, Choupo-Moting from Stoke, Buffon and Navas at or near their career ends, Lassana Diarra and Alves ditto, 

It is looking like they have run out of money.  Owned by oil, sponsored by hotels....

I think it is due to them playing along with FFP. As I am sure you're aware FFP is just a cartel scam. Hence, now they're part of the club, it is in their interest to pretend it is a real thing. City are sort of similar but do not get as much leeway as they're UAE based and not Qatari who have been greasing a number of palms at the top end of football for over a decade now. Even then, City have also been playing along it is just they got put in a bind due to leaks. 

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

I think it is due to them playing along with FFP. As I am sure you're aware FFP is just a cartel scam. Hence, now they're part of the club, it is in their interest to pretend it is a real thing. City are sort of similar but do not get as much leeway as they're UAE based and not Qatari who have been greasing a number of palms at the top end of football for over a decade now. Even then, City have also been playing along it is just they got put in a bind due to leaks. 

I have been saying it is an illegal cartel designed to protect the status quo since it was first mooted.  Timed nicely for Chelsea who were by then on the inside.  And since UEFA could not stand any court challenge, any club calling their bluff would get soft treatment.

Not sure how influential Qataris are now.  The other rich Arabs (Saudi, UAE etc) turned against them a couple of years ago with some spiteful comments (seemingly supported by US).  They all accused Qatar of funding ISIS terrorists which was wonderful irony.  Saudi allows a Saudi company to pirate BeIN broadcasts because it is fun.  And football corruption has moved on with no one wanting to be seen as friendly to Qatar.  I wouldn't be at all surprised if was now a move to get the 2022 WC moved somewhere else (Covid is just one excuse).

So as with RA 10 or so years ago, I suspect PSG's real motives are to bring spending under control having become a big club (though neither City nor PSG have won the cup with the big ears)

But either way they are doing it in a strange way.  Taking Ubers and selling off the 2nd car but keeping the Aston Martin.

20 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I have been saying it is an illegal cartel designed to protect the status quo since it was first mooted.  Timed nicely for Chelsea who were by then on the inside.  And since UEFA could not stand any court challenge, any club calling their bluff would get soft treatment.

Not sure how influential Qataris are now.  The other rich Arabs (Saudi, UAE etc) turned against them a couple of years ago with some spiteful comments (seemingly supported by US).  They all accused Qatar of funding ISIS terrorists which was wonderful irony.  Saudi allows a Saudi company to pirate BeIN broadcasts because it is fun.  And football corruption has moved on with no one wanting to be seen as friendly to Qatar.  I wouldn't be at all surprised if was now a move to get the 2022 WC moved somewhere else (Covid is just one excuse).

So as with RA 10 or so years ago, I suspect PSG's real motives are to bring spending under control having become a big club (though neither City nor PSG have won the cup with the big ears)

But either way they are doing it in a strange way.  Taking Ubers and selling off the 2nd car but keeping the Aston Martin.

I think in football circles the Qataris still have quite a lot of pull. I mean just off the top of my head, PSG first got lighter treatment than Man City on the first round of sanctions handed out, then went on to buy Mbappe and Neymar for what, £350m and no one heard a peep out of UEFA or the likes of Bayern/Liverpool/Barca/Real who always squeal whenever they think there is a threat to their monopoly. Then, there is the treatment of migrant works in Qatar whilst building the WC venues, which is essentially slave labour and the fact that apart from the odd muffled moan, they have been able to get world football to completely change its calendar to hold the thing. 

For sure, in the political arena, Qatar have been hung out to dry/financially bled by the rest of the Gulf but that is more at a social-economic / geopolitical level. I do realise that sport does fall into those two arenas at times, but in the case of FIFA/UEFA they're largely a law onto themselves. 

As for PSG's signings, whislt they're clearly a couple of steps down, they are still good enough for them to have kept a grip on their league so it hasn't affected them that much. 

Edited by King Kante