• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

32 minutes ago, King Kante said:

I think in football circles the Qataris still have quite a lot of pull. I mean just off the top of my head, PSG first got lighter treatment than Man City on the first round of sanctions handed out, then went on to buy Mbappe and Neymar for what, £350m and no one heard a peep out of UEFA or the likes of Bayern/Liverpool/Barca/Real who always squeal whenever they think there is a threat to their monopoly. Then, there is the treatment of migrant works in Qatar whilst building the WC venues, which is essentially slave labour and the fact that apart from the odd muffled moan, they have been able to get world football to completely change its calendar to hold the thing. 

For sure, in the political arena, Qatar have been hung out to dry/financially bled by the rest of the Gulf but that is more at a social-economic / geopolitical level. I do realise that sport does fall into those two arenas at times, but in the case of FIFA/UEFA they're largely a law onto themselves. 

As for PSG's signings, whislt they're clearly a couple of steps down, they are still good enough for them to have kept a grip on their league so it hasn't affected them that much. 

Choupo-Moting I'd say was 3 or 4 steps down.  Maybe they will buy Baka!

Mbappe and Neymar were 2 and 3 years ago.  The fall out with the rest of the Arabs happened since.  The Israelis (and US) seem to back the Saudis.
It was also before the later UEFA bribery scandals.

I think you'll find that Qatar is much more persona non grata than many have realised.  It doesn't mean they can't throw more money at PSG though.

kratos   

on another note sounds like Mendy has passed his medical. About bloody time too. That has got to be one of the longest medicals ever.

I know the guy is 6'6 but come on!

Edited by kratos
  • Haha 1

Sounds like he's been having a medical every day in a different European country for the last week. Really want this to finally be wrapped up!

Apparently they're doing the other half of him today

• Haha 2

bert19   
7 hours ago, kratos said:

on another note sounds like Mendy has passed his medical. About bloody time too. That has got to be one of the longest medicals ever.

I know the guy is 6'6 but come on!

Maybe reading too much into this, but should a medical take that long? Is that a bad sign?

Mendy signed on a 5 year deal.

Bison   
1 minute ago, RDC Williams said:

Mendy signed on a 5 year deal.

Get in.

We no longer have the worst goalkeeper in the league.

Well, we still have him, but don't have to use him !