• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

12 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Of the players Sarri left behind, Kepa, Azpi, Rudiger, Kante should have been the core of the next team, and Willian and Luiz the experience for the short term.
WTF is happening?

(Time was that RA got feedback from the senior players about how the coach is doing.  I wonder how that works now?)

Kepa, nope on your own there 

Azpi knocking on a bit but indispensable 

Rudi, seems to be on a downward trajectory 

Kante, been awful for six months, clueless when played as Lampard is playing him. 

I would imagine the propensity to speak is why Rudi finds himself in the position he does currently and why Willian is slumming it down the Rd with Luiz. 

The way things are going it really wouldn't surprise me if all of them bar Azpi were sold. 

Edited by Mark Kelly

11 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Kepa, nope on your own there 

Azpi knocking on a bit but indispensable 

Rudi, seems to be on a downward trajectory 

Kante, been awful for six months, clueless when played as Lampard is playing him. 

I would imagine the propensity to speak is why Rudi finds himself in the position he does currently and why Willian is slumming it down the Rd with Luiz. 

The way things are going it really wouldn't surprise me if all of them bar Azpi were sold. 

So we agree on 3 out of 4 then,  Azpi hasn't been picked for the first 2 PL games (not even ahead of Alonso).  And most would say Kepa has declined from whatever initial level.

If it were Scolari or AVB, who would RA or Marina be talking to right now to get a sense of what is going on?

13 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

So we agree on 3 out of 4 then,  Azpi hasn't been picked for the first 2 PL games (not even ahead of Alonso).  And most would say Kepa has declined from whatever initial level.

If it were Scolari or AVB, who would RA or Marina be talking to right now to get a sense of what is going on?

I really don't know, however one of the driving forces behind this could well be to try and get a core of decent English players before brexit brings all manner of issues with player nationality. 

Sell an Italian so you can force the issue with Rice a nominal English man and it makes more sense. 

I expect Frank wants to be the man Roman listens to. 

2 hours ago, JaneB said:

Jorginho to Arsenal?

Probably nothing in it but I object to us selling any more players to them.  

Even ones you don't rate?

2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I really don't know, however one of the driving forces behind this could well be to try and get a core of decent English players before brexit brings all manner of issues with player nationality. 

We've bought quite a few players now, only one is English.  And I'll get on my hobby horse about the emergence of James, Mount and Abraham being serendipity not planning (or if planned it failed for 15 years) and the credit goes to James Mount and Abraham (and Tomori) not the lucky manager to get them.   The last thing a politician is going to do is ban high income workers, let alone footballers - Brexit is not an issue.  

What we seem to have is a fall out between a group of key players and the manager.  For once the press is on the side of the manager.
I really hope that behind the scenes things are better than that, but it is all pretty suspect to me.

Bison   
57 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

So you reckon Kante and Kovacic for 2 roles backed by Gilmour is enough for this seasons expectations?
I think we could lose a few LBs first.

Still if we lose Jorginho at least SFL will have to tell the back 5 to kick it long instead of working the ball to kante to kick it long.  Surely.

Of the players Sarri left behind, Kepa, Azpi, Rudiger, Kante should have been the core of the next team, and Willian and Luiz the experience for the short term.
WTF is happening?

(Time was that RA got feedback from the senior players about how the coach is doing.  I wonder how that works now?)

Those senior players were international captains and/or world class winners at the highest level. Big difference.

Kepa and Rudiger are bad at their jobs. I doubt anybody has time for their opinion on anything.

Willian turned down a two-year deal at age 32. Lots of reports at the time suggested Lampard and Luiz fell out so that was only going to end in one way.

Kante and Azpi remain core players.

9 minutes ago, Bison said:

Those senior players were international captains and/or world class winners at the highest level. Big difference.

Indeed - specifically they included Petr Cech and Frank Lampard....
All were the senior playes and Kante is a world class winner too!

9 minutes ago, Bison said:

Kante and Azpi remain core players.

Azpi was dropped for the last 2 PL games.  Kante's form has also dropped - there is even talk of selling him on our way to creating a new team.

Edited by Droy was my hero

15 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

What we seem to have is a fall out between a group of key players and the manager.  For once the press is on the side of the manager.
I really hope that behind the scenes things are better than that, but it is all pretty suspect to me.

What we have, I suspect, is a manager who wants to be the voice the players listen to, the one they do the bidding of. 

Can you imagine Frank telling the boys to get the ball up front as quickly as possible and then week in week out watch as Jorgi Slows everything down to Jorgi speed? 

I think you're right there have been Fallings out and these rumours appear to be illustration to that effect. 

Just now, Mark Kelly said:

Can you imagine Frank telling the boys to get the ball up front as quickly as possible and then week in week out watch as Jorgi Slows everything down to Jorgi speed? 

Frank wants us to play Sarriball, fart around the back and give it to Jorginho to spring a counter attack.  It is exactly what lead to Mane's goal (when Jorginho was perfectly placed to receive and play forward.  Frank then promptly blamed Kepa post match for it.)

It really isn't Jorginho slowing things down, it is the inability of any of our back 4 to play to Frank's tactics or act as an alternative to Jorginho.  (Bye Bye Luiz).

5 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think you're right there have been Fallings out and these rumours appear to be illustration to that effect. 

I don't think rumours confirm theories as fact.  Rather theories promote rumours which confirm nothing at all.  Like the supposed row with Alex and Anelka when in fact they were being kept in cotton wool ahead of big earning moves to China and PSG. 

But we have seen a big decline in the performances of our key players (and Hazard).  I'm happy to give Sarri some credit for that, but there must be something more than that.

9 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

What we have, I suspect, is a manager who wants to be the voice the players listen to, the one they do the bidding of. 

Frank has an ego problem?  perhaps.  Or perhaps his key advisers have a problem with big name internationals who know a bit about PL football wanting to be listened to.
And on top of this we have the whole Development football coaching thing for PL matches.

JaneB   
43 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Even ones you don't rate?

Ha ha possibly!! I don’t like giving Arsenal anyone that they want.