• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

2 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Frank has an ego problem?  perhaps.  Or perhaps his key advisers have a problem with big name internationals who know a bit about PL football wanting to be listened to.
And on top of this we have the whole Development football coaching thing for PL matches.

Maybe not an ego problem per se but more a desire to lose his job because he didn't achieve and not because disgruntled player a and b didn't do as he asked and prepared for. 

Nb Giroud didn't exactly look overjoyed when he scored in the cup either, and not for the first time. 

As I discussed with you earlier in the week I think Frank picked entirely the wrong line up for the Liverpool game which must have been a kick in the guts for a few. 

45 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

As I discussed with you earlier in the week I think Frank picked entirely the wrong line up for the Liverpool game which must have been a kick in the guts for a few. 

Yes.  He needs to narrow down to a core 16 or 18 quickly.  There is bound to be more money next summer, and a lot of players will be wondering if they have a role here.  

Many years ago I worked in a big city dealing room, and wondered off the floor to have a chat with an IT guy.  I came back to find that everyone had been packed off into two separate meeting rooms - presumably to get one of two very different speeches, in or out.  That is I guess how a lot of our players feel right now, the decisions have been taken but nobody has told them.  Dead men walking.  Though at least Ranieri knew.  Schrodinger's Cats walking.

When they returned I spotted my boss and walked around the desks to ask him.  He walked the other way around.  I sped up, he sped up, pretty soon I realised he was running away from talking to me.  I don't know if the analogy holds for Frank, but I was in (this time) and he was out.

47 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Nb Giroud didn't exactly look overjoyed when he scored in the cup either, and not for the first time. 

Another WC winner - no one seems to be listening to him either.  

3 hours ago, JaneB said:

Ha ha possibly!! I don’t like giving Arsenal anyone that they want. 

Now that is an extremist!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Yes.  He needs to narrow down to a core 16 or 18 quickly.  There is bound to be more money next summer, and a lot of players will be wondering if they have a role here. 

This is exactly what is happening and I have it on reasonable authority that some are quite miffed. Frank just needs to be very careful to get rid of enough of the right ones.

10 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Frank has an ego problem?  perhaps.  Or perhaps his key advisers have a problem with big name internationals who know a bit about PL football wanting to be listened to.
And on top of this we have the whole Development football coaching thing for PL matches.

With all the signing and assuming that last season was a transition season, it is more likely senior Pro's are asking Frank does he have a formation for the coming season or is it another season of tinkerman tactics? 

All top class coaches have a favoured formation which is the basis of a core squad of 16-18 the coach/club select/buy players to suit the formation. e.g. JM currently reshuffling the pack at the spuds

Offloading Rudiger would be a mistake. Silva is untride in the PL and is 36 and will not be able to play 2-3 games per week. AC would be a better option to offload

3 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Offloading Rudiger would be a mistake. Silva is untride in the PL and is 36 and will not be able to play 2-3 games per week. AC would be a better option to offload

Agreed, I like Rudi and wish he would impose his size a bit more. Could have become a captain.

Bison   
15 hours ago, JaneB said:

Ha ha possibly!! I don’t like giving Arsenal anyone that they want. 

Arsenal fooling us into keeping him so he can derail our top 4 hopes. I see through it. *tinfoilhat*

bert19   
6 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Whilst I wouldn't quite go as far as calling it a mistake, I'd definitely try to shift Christensen ahead of Rudiger.  

23 hours ago, Ham said:

Liverpool are the archetypal long ball team and have been for a few seasons now. Just look at the AC sending off. They are all instructed to hoof the ball towards the front 3 ASAP and thanks to the quality of them, it often reaps rewards. 

I hope we use this tactic a lot more with Werner and Pulisic on the pitch. 

Also worth noting that there's a big difference between a long ball hoofed any old way outwards or forwards and a long pass the likes of which we've seen JT, Luiz, Lamps etc executing for a specific tactical purpose.  Long passes should be used and encouraged, especially if it's a quick route to getting at the opposition's penalty area.  

I'd like to see more of it too - the playing out from the back thing is being overused in football in general and especially at Chelsea the last 3 seasons or so.  It invites and allows a high press and we don't really have players that are good enough positionally or at decision making to do it to good effect.   Being direct isn't a crime.  In fact, we won titles with a plan of winning the ball and getting it forward swiftly 

57 minutes ago, bert19 said:

Whilst I wouldn't quite go as far as calling it a mistake, I'd definitely try to shift Christensen ahead of Rudiger.  

Also worth noting that there's a big difference between a long ball hoofed any old way outwards or forwards and a long pass the likes of which we've seen JT, Luiz, Lamps etc executing for a specific tactical purpose.  Long passes should be used and encouraged, especially if it's a quick route to getting at the opposition's penalty area.  

I'd like to see more of it too - the playing out from the back thing is being overused in football in general and especially at Chelsea the last 3 seasons or so.  It invites and allows a high press and we don't really have players that are good enough positionally or at decision making to do it to good effect.   Being direct isn't a crime.  In fact, we won titles with a plan of winning the ball and getting it forward swiftly 

Dead right Bert. I wonder if anyone in the coaching team is saying this to Frank though?