• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Jasonb   

I don't see Rice as a center back, more a defensive midfielder.

He might become a CB later on in his career.

The energy to track and take the ball off a player like he does reminds me of either Viera or Fernandinho.

He seems to have decent passing and the ability to run forward with the ball if other options are not on. 

A lot to like for me and it looks like he might be available.

3 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

I don't see Rice as a center back, more a defensive midfielder.

He might become a CB later on in his career.

The energy to track and take the ball off a player like he does reminds me of either Viera or Fernandinho.

He seems to have decent passing and the ability to run forward with the ball if other options are not on. 

A lot to like for me and it looks like he might be available.

Yep! I thought the You Tube highlights reel was really impressive and he certainly looks like exactly what we need in midfield.

28 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Rice does look very good though Robert.

Probably better for the club to hold off until Jan transfer window, hopefully we should know which direction the club is going. It also may be the case that WH are on there knees and in danger of relegation and desperate for funds for Moyes replacement

Holymoly   

If we sell one or two of those currently being touted around by the press then we will have made a profit taking account of the sales of Hazard and Morata. Of course the media won't allow for that and just continue to tar us with the "buying the title" label.

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

There is no doubt that Zouma and Tomori warrant their playing time right now,

There really is plenty of doubt.  Tomori made 15 starts last season without cementing a place in a weak back 4.  He might be good enough but "no doubt"?
And as for Zouma either Frank tells the whole side to stop farting about in our own box or he drops Zouma.  You really can't have both.

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

If people are going to criticise the manager, let’s talk about how we haven’t been able to defend set plays to save our life, or debate how chopping  & changing the formation affects continuity.  But getting rid of the deadwood and addressing the weak areas of the squad is absolutely not an area we should take shots at in my opinion. 

So somehow the dead wood of 18/19 has become Jorginho, Kepa and Rudiger.  While Emerson, Alonso, Barkley, RLC all remain and get PL time.
And the underperformance of key players just goes to prove what a good manager SFL is if he gets rid of them.

It is a funny topsy turvy definition of dead wood to me.  Convenient though.

Rob B   
17 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

There really is plenty of doubt.  Tomori made 15 starts last season without cementing a place in a weak back 4.  He might be good enough but "no doubt"?
And as for Zouma either Frank tells the whole side to stop farting about in our own box or he drops Zouma.  You really can't have both.

So somehow the dead wood of 18/19 has become Jorginho, Kepa and Rudiger.  While Emerson, Alonso, Barkley, RLC all remain and get PL time.
And the underperformance of key players just goes to prove what a good manager SFL is if he gets rid of them.

It is a funny topsy turvy definition of dead wood to me.  Convenient though.

Firstly, Tomori got injured twice - once just after Christmas and then again just before the re-start.  The latter was a 2-3 week muscle injury but when you’re playing circa 10 games in 6 weeks, you’re not going to be risked.  This ended up being about 20% of the season’s matches. 

Regarding Zouma, Frank telling the side to stop farting around at the back more than works for me by the way. 

Finally, not sure why you have responded to me with Jorginho as deadwood as my post referenced him as vice-captain, penalty taker and senior member of the squad.  Rudiger and Kepa are deadwood as are most of the other players you mention (but we weren’t talking about them) - I fully expect at least two of those to be gone by the end of the window too. 

Edited by Rob B

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

so he has till October 5th to find better players.  
A lazy manager might well pick up the phone to RA and demand 2 better players next week.
Others will say thanks for the new front line & LB, and I can work with the best players Sarri left.

Maybe that’s exactly what he is doing? Rudiger is certainly not one of our two best CBs. Not if you are living in present time at least. What he did at the age of 25 for one season only doesn’t really matter much right now. 

Both him and Jorginho has gotten plenty of chances under Frank. Sadly both are deteriorating getting worse with each passing month. I think it is pretty clear those two players are the obvious candidates to get rid of to balance the book. High earners, low performers. Plus their names alone ensures there is a market for them. 

No-brainer imo. 

37 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

If we sell one or two of those currently being touted around by the press then we will have made a profit taking account of the sales of Hazard and Morata.

Exactly. 

I would imagine there's a list of untouchables, maybe if the price is right and as quick as possibles when it comes to transferring out of the club. 

We simply have to go and get Rice before the window closes. We will have to pay over the odds, unless we can throw in a player in the deal.

I’ve mentioned before, I don’t think he is a great player, but he is the right fit for what the club needs. It needs leadership , it’s needs someone happy to let the play develop in front of him. Someone with the ability to plug gaps and add some steel into this team.

Long term he will end up playing CB and helps solve that issue , but we just need to force this deal through now for this season.

1 hour ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

We simply have to go and get Rice before the window closes. We will have to pay over the odds, unless we can throw in a player in the deal.

Played the first two PL games for WHU.  If he plays tonight he isn't waiting for a move.  Maybe someone else.