• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

JaneB   

Barkley is a useful squad player for me. I think he can be really productive and he does have a bit of English Premier League aggression which we need at times.

Just now, RDC Williams said:

Barkley is a useful squad player for me. I think he can be really productive and he does have a bit of English Premier League aggression which we need at times.

For the same reason I am coming around to the notion that Rice will be good for us.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JaneB said:

I think that would represent good business for all parties and I would even throw in a fee.

kratos   

Little bit of a head scratcher this one is. I mean Ross is not going to be a cert to start but he is a useful squad player.

I personally don't see us getting Rice this window, maybe January if SFL is still with us.

kratos   
19 minutes ago, RDC Williams said:

For the same reason I am coming around to the notion that Rice will be good for us.

Rice is good for everybody RDC especially if you 'Drinkwater' too 😋 

Sorry I couldn't resist 

Edited by kratos

can't say I'm sad to see Barkley go. Said from day one he is nowhere near good enough and he has done nothing in his time here to change my mind.

Going to Villa says a lot.

Both Barklay and Loftus Cheek leaving on loan sounds a bit strange. Even if Rice comes in he doesn’t really play in their positions. We’d still be looking a bit light in midfield. What is going on? 

Edited by Original 21

Just now, Original 21 said:

Both Barklay and Loftus Cheek leaving on loan sounds a bit strange unless we’re bringing at least one other in. We’d be looking a bit light in midfield otherwise. 

As well as those two we're presumably also letting Rüdiger leave, Alonso or Emerson, maybe Jorginho, plus from outside the first team squad Drinkwater, Moses, Van Ginkel, Baba Rahman, Bakayoko, Miazga, Musonda, Clarke-Salter, Sarr and Sterling. I dooubt that anyone is prepared to pay money for any of them.