Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

42,074 posts in this topic

Rumours that Gonalons is headed for Napoli? We should really try to snatch him up.

Is a excellent player, very dedicated in playing the DM role, and does his job to a top level.

Had we got David moyes as our manager, what would have been your thoughts? I know there were a fair few on here shouting him out. I personally wasn't buying into him. I must say I am glad he went to Utd and we got Jose back

Thoroughly delighted that he never came. He may well turn out to be a huge success there but he really does reek of not being 'big time' with how he's carried himself through the summer so far, seems like a cross between a guy who won the lottery and a kid in a sweet shop.

The new barca manager said the club rejected Man U 2 times for Fabregas, an he added a 3rd time himself in his press conference. I guess that if Rooney is coming to Chelsea then Man U have their work cut out to find a player to soften the blow with the fans! Maybe Jose found out from Spanish sources early, which is why he said his happy with what his got, an Man U will keep Rooney.

Edited by GURJ SS

van Ginkel wore 16 on tour. KdB wore 15

Yeh, I know/knew that.

Apparently, 16 is very much De Rossi's preferred number though.

There is a long time to go before deadline day. United will have other options (I suspect Modric might be one), and won't make just one signing anyhow. They have serious money to spend. IMO they want to wait till they are in before letting Rooney go - and maybe wait until after the OT game, and wait till he makes a transfer request.

I think eventually he will make a transfer request, publicly, and after United have their targets they will let him go. We are just waiting for the right moment to make the bigger bid.

But even if we don't get him, I think we're in good shape. Better than many think, probably because we have a lot of young, new players. De Bruyne, Van Ginkel, Schurrle are all new to us, all young. Plus we have Lukaku, who is only going to improve. And we've lost no-one major. Plus, we have Jose.

Not saying we will win the title, especially as City are spending money like it's going out of fashion and are very strong. But we will be much closer this year. If we are lucky, we might well win it. But it will be tight. If we get Rooney, it make make that little extra difference. But even without him, this squad has the potential to win the league.

There is a long time to go before deadline day. United will have other options (I suspect Modric might be one), and won't make just one signing anyhow. They have serious money to spend. IMO they want to wait till they are in before letting Rooney go - and maybe wait until after the OT game, and wait till he makes a transfer request.

I think eventually he will make a transfer request, publicly, and after United have their targets they will let him go. We are just waiting for the right moment to make the bigger bid.

But even if we don't get him, I think we're in good shape. Better than many think, probably because we have a lot of young, new players. De Bruyne, Van Ginkel, Schurrle are all new to us, all young. Plus we have Lukaku, who is only going to improve. And we've lost no-one major. Plus, we have Jose.

Not saying we will win the title, especially as City are spending money like it's going out of fashion and are very strong. But we will be much closer this year. If we are lucky, we might well win it. But it will be tight. If we get Rooney, it make make that little extra difference. But even without him, this squad has the potential to win the league.

I agree, not too sure about the Rooney but, as I think he wouldn't be going on tour with Moyes if he felt he couldn't work with him.

But the rest is spot on, specially about our team being in a good position.

This make no sense. Chelsea don't need to pay Rooney more than 250k a week just because that's what he earns at the moment. Why on earth would we need to better it?

We could even pay him less. We tell him, this is our wage structure, this is how much we're willing to pay you, which is £x less than you're on now, but if you're really that unhappy at United but want to carry on winning trophies, we're you're only choice. Take it or leave it.

What I figure is that the club won't sign a top striker unless it can offload Torres... And nobody wants Torres. Furthermore, Torres is hoping that Mourinho can revive his career and get him in the starting lineup for Spain next summer so he won't move.

In midfield, I don't know what's going on unless the club really believes in a year Chalobah Ake etc will be ready and buying a midfielder will seriously impede their growth. Plus, Oscar shouldn't be out on the wing but in midfield

We could even pay him less. We tell him, this is our wage structure, this is how much we're willing to pay you, which is £x less than you're on now, but if you're really that unhappy at United but want to carry on winning trophies, we're you're only choice. Take it or leave it.

Tevez did a U turn on the motorway for more money. This is Wayne Rooney, the guy who got Man U to break their wage structure to keep him, he knows that he will play at Man U even if he stays, not in his most liked position but he will still play. His not that desperate as everyone makes out, his still getting ready to go out on tour, unhappy? maybe, had enough? I don't think so. Best thing is if he goes for your way of thinking, but I don't think he would, his pushed £250,000 out of Man U an lives a high life, his only going to want more in London, where it cost more to live.

Tevez did a U turn on the motorway for more money. This is Wayne Rooney, the guy who got Man U to break their wage structure to keep him, he knows that he will play at Man U even if he stays, not in his most liked position but he will still play. His not that desperate as everyone makes out, his still getting ready to go out on tour, unhappy? maybe, had enough? I don't think so. Best thing is if he goes for your way of thinking, but I don't think he would, his pushed £250,000 out of Man U an lives a high life, his only going to want more in London, where it cost more to live.

I'd imagine that he is going on tour because he is contractually obliged and he, like Utd, doesn't wish to look like the agitator here.

As I've said before if we sighing, great. If not - still great. We can't really lose on this one.