• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

1 hour ago, Kezza said:

Honestly if people don't think Jorginho is physical and strong enough as a defensive shield I'm not sure how Gilmour can be. 

Gilmour is nowhere near finished growing or filling out. Jorginho is slight of frame at 27/28.

Its not just about physical strength. Its the ability to get about the pitch better and having pace to recover .

paulw66   
30 minutes ago, Never happy said:

We should be trying to get Rice, he wants to come to Chelsea..test their resolve.

there's enough junk we can get rid of.

In 12 hours?

10 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

1.  Gilmour is nowhere near finished growing or filling out. Jorginho is slight of frame at 27/28.

2.  Its not just about physical strength. Its the ability to get about the pitch better and having pace to recover .

My guess is that Gilmour is very much close to his final height and probably weight.  An inch taller and the same weight at Kante.
Young people can grow all the way through to 20.  But it is pretty unusual to re-start that growth again at 19.

But yes, as Kante shows, it is not just about size (see everything I ever wrote about Matic who has been recognised by all but OGS as a shelter for No10s to hide under until the step away to take the pass).

1 hour ago, Never happy said:

We should be trying to get Rice, he wants to come to Chelsea..test their resolve.

there's enough junk we can get rid of.

My impression is that we have tested their resolve and turns out it was pretty strong unfortunately.

Sir   

What’s the release clause of that young French defender at Leipzig?

Upamecano or Konaté? Upamecano supposedly had a €60m release clause until signing a new contract in June. According to Kicker, the new deal includes a €42m release clause which will be active from Summer 2021. Goes without saying that there will be a host of clubs trying.

Edited by Bridge Soldier

Sir   
1 minute ago, Bridge Soldier said:

Upamecano or Konaté? Upamecano supposedly had a €60m release clause until signing a new contract in June. According to Kicker, the new deal includes a €42m release clause which will be active from Summer 2021. Goes without saying that there will be a host of clubs trying.

Yeah, Upamecano.. damn that’s going to be an interesting one.. I know we’ve done some to resolve our defensive situation but it still worries me somewhat. Unless it’s the coaching..

Kezza   
2 hours ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Its not just about physical strength. Its the ability to get about the pitch better and having pace to recover .

Don't you have Kante for that? It's about physicality, power and strength on the ball. An Essien, Vieira or Toure. Gilmour is probably a Xavi/Iniesta but no Toure. We need Rice or Partey for that.

31 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Don't you have Kante for that? It's about physicality, power and strength on the ball. An Essien, Vieira or Toure. Gilmour is probably a Xavi/Iniesta but no Toure. We need Rice or Partey for that.

I don’t disagree. I believe we do need a physical holding player.

I was responding to your comment that ref Jorginho is not physical so Gilmour mustn’t be.

Its not just about physicality though. Jorginho being weak is an issue, but not as big an issue as his athleticism. Not necessarily the same for Gilmour though.