• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Bison   
7 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

So far Kepa, Christensen, Alonso and Rudiger have all taken the personal & individual blame for the rubbish back 5 of last year.

Thankfully they have all been replaced. Onwards and upwards.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bison said:

Thankfully they have all been replaced. Onwards and upwards.

Onwards certainly.  
I'll acknowledge upwards when it happens.

58 minutes ago, Kezza said:

If anyone still thinks those endless loans are giving these players an opportunity.

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/club-news/I-became-another-business-lucas-piazon-hits-out-at-chelsea-loan-system/

“It was a complicated relationship,” he added.

“They often didn’t like what I said in the interviews but I wanted to make it clear I was very happy in my early years at Chelsea.”

Clearly the problem was we kept on extending his contract too long.

9 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I wonder at what point of his career he's going to take stock of the situation and wonder "could I have done more"? 

All those clubs, one constant, it can't just be the wages can it? 

7 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I guess that's fairly obvious, but the real question surely has to be 'why we did?'. Most times I actually got to watch Piazon play, he looked pretty decent imo - certainly more promising than some of the deadwood that ended up wearing that shirt for our team. 

Kezza   
10 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

I guess that's fairly obvious, but the real question surely has to be 'why we did?'. Most times I actually got to watch Piazon play, he looked pretty decent imo - certainly more promising than some of the deadwood that ended up wearing that shirt for our team. 

What Piazon said in the article will tell you why we extended his contract. To sell him for profit. If he doesnt sign he doesnt get loaned. I think that revelation is damning on the club.

52 minutes ago, Kezza said:

What Piazon said in the article will tell you why we extended his contract. To sell him for profit. If he doesnt sign he doesnt get loaned. I think that revelation is damning on the club.

Do you think this is a revelation? Almost every player we've sent on loan recently has signed an extension before going out, as the club doesn't want them to be close to the end of their contract when they return from their loan so that there's a chance of getting value you for them. Unfortunately this has only worked in very few cases (Kalas, Nathan) as clubs know we are prepared to endlessly loan out all the various senior players that don't fit into our squad. Most of the players in this situation are failed first team players or leftovers from the loan stable era, rather than our academy graduates. The also extends the contracts of players that have had injury troubles so they can find loans and rebuild their careers - I think the club comes out of this quite well.

6 minutes ago, Kezza said:

What Piazon said in the article will tell you why we extended his contract. To sell him for profit. If he doesn't sign he doesn't get loaned. I think that revelation is damning on the club.

Which was a club misjudgement.  We thought he was a good investment - he wasn't.

I think the option with 1 year to go is pretty much universal.  Not just for all our players, but for all players at all clubs.  You are damning a system not a club.

42 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

The also extends the contracts of players that have had injury troubles so they can find loans and rebuild their careers - I think the club comes out of this quite well.

yes.  Piazon should just be greatful he isn't called up as squad player 24 or 25.  Emerson this year gets my sympathy.  Or Cahill a couple of years ago.

13 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Have to say I agree .