• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

chara   
47 minutes ago, Ham said:

Particularly when they have agents and managers to advise them. Maybe blame the agent. 

Maybe Ham?......the agents are really only interested in what's in it for them...the client is just a commodity without even the investment all clubs have in their players.

Anyone can "move" a Messi or Kane.....why really bother with a commodity that will only bring chump change?...the manager's input is a bit more circumspect I suspect but still it comes down to a business deal usually although there are more examples of club/manager personal dealings..loyal players treated well regarding moves..Pedro PC Hutchins etc.,,but agents? 

9 hours ago, Ham said:

Also, is Piazon naive enough to expect that everyone who goes through the system deserves a place in the first team squad?

Of course the rest become a business. How else do you justify funding an academy?

The fact that his latest loan is at Rio Ave tells you all you need to know about the demand for him. 

Sour grapes.

I saw a fair bit of Piazon when he played in the academy.  I can honestly say I was never very impressed by him. He didn’t stand out at that level (which McEachran and Chalobah did basically every time I saw them play). 

paulw66   
19 hours ago, Kezza said:

Isn't that stupidity? Hoping for something that obviously you would have known will never happen considering past performance and especially if you have capable scouts who can take proper judgement. Even if someone from the lowly teams he was loaned to was willing to pay for him, will it pay back for the resources, time and wage (increased wage as well with new contract) already spent on him?

I'll go back to my earlier point. You are cherry picking a failure to make your point . The loan system needs to be viewed as a collective 

On 10/11/2020 at 6:22 PM, paulw66 said:

I'll go back to my earlier point. You are cherry picking a failure to make your point . The loan system needs to be viewed as a collective 

Ok. We bring young guys through, and we also buy young guys we think have potential. Do we also buy young guys with the objective of selling them on and making a quid? Names like Miazga, Hector, Kalas, Baker, Van Ginkel, Brown, Kenedy, the McEachran brothers, Zappacosta, and Sarr. I'd suggest (without trawling through the list of names) that there are plenty of examples.My question tbh, was really, is this the way all 'academies' work? Or are we an exception, driven by Roman's money?

1 hour ago, Michael Tucker said:

Ok. We bring young guys through, and we also buy young guys we think have potential. Do we also buy young guys with the objective of selling them on and making a quid? Names like Miazga, Hector, Kalas, Baker, Van Ginkel, Brown, Kenedy, the McEachran brothers, Zappacosta, and Sarr. I'd suggest (without trawling through the list of names) that there are plenty of examples.My question tbh, was really, is this the way all 'academies' work? Or are we an exception, driven by Roman's money?

It's part of the clubs business model, Hence the euro sceptic are trying to kibosh this by trying to reducing the number of players a club can send on loan.

IMO opinion it smart business, apart from the occasional player having a whinge most I suspect get a better wage compared to what they would get  if they tried there luck as a free agent. It probably works the other way with the loaning club getting a season to take a look at a player without committing to a long term contract.

2 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

We used to buy players in order to loan them immediately, but we haven't really done this since 2015/16 (Nathan, Pantic, Hector, Miazga). The only recent example is Sarr, who appears to have been an opportunistic signing that we hope could actually play for our first team in the next year or two given his relative experience. We have such a large number of players on loan at the moment as no-one wants to buy our players given our demands and their wages, so we're content to collect loan fees and keep looking for buyers until FIFA regulations force our hand. We also keep our academy players under contract as part of "aftercare", helping them get experience and find a club at a suitable level, even if it's become obvious they won't ever play for our first team. This especially happens with players with injury problems. This helps convince other young players that Chelsea is a good club to join, as even if they don't make the first team grade the club will help them develop their career.

Loan army first team rejects:  Zappacosta, van Ginkel, Batshuayi, Barkley, Bakayoko, Kenedy, Drinkwater, Moses, Baba Rahman

Loan army buy-to-loan: Piazon, Pantic, Sarr

Loan army academy graduates: Blackman, Baker, Loftus-Cheek, Brown, Ugbo, Baxter, McCormick, Chalobah, Cumming, Uwakwe, Castillo, Guehi, McEachran, Ampadu, Russell, Broja, Wady, Musonda, Clarke-Salter

49 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

We used to buy players in order to loan them immediately, but we haven't really done this since 2015/16 (Nathan, Pantic, Hector, Miazga). The only recent example is Sarr, who appears to have been an opportunistic signing that we hope could actually play for our first team in the next year or two given his relative experience. We have such a large number of players on loan at the moment as no-one wants to buy our players given our demands and their wages, so we're content to collect loan fees and keep looking for buyers until FIFA regulations force our hand

You are very aware of what goes on.  Do you have any evidence to suggest that loan fees amount to anything in real money? 
With Championship wages being around £10k (the top wage per club averages out at £23k and the odd PL contract means below £20k at most clubs so it is hard to see Championship or all but about 20 European clubs paying more than a total of 10k a week with no expectation of ownership.  Many of our better Academy prospects and I suspect all of the buy to loan players are getting £10k a week, sometimes multiples of that.

49 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

We also keep our academy players under contract as part of "aftercare", helping them get experience and find a club at a suitable level, even if it's become obvious they won't ever play for our first team. This especially happens with players with injury problems. This helps convince other young players that Chelsea is a good club to join, as even if they don't make the first team grade the club will help them develop their career.

Loan army first team rejects:  Zappacosta, van Ginkel, Batshuayi, Barkley, Bakayoko, Kenedy, Drinkwater, Moses, Baba Rahman

Loan army buy-to-loan: Piazon, Pantic, Sarr

Loan army academy graduates: Blackman, Baker, Loftus-Cheek, Brown, Ugbo, Baxter, McCormick, Chalobah, Cumming, Uwakwe, Castillo, Guehi, McEachran, Ampadu, Russell, Broja, Wady, Musonda, Clarke-Salter

Great point about after-care.  We really do have a great record at this.
Thanks for list too.

Kenedy, Rahman, Zouma, Traore (all first team members in 15/16) I think they were meant as buy to loan but the first team was so ridiculously skinny that they just got grabbed by JM/Hiddink.
19 over 21 squad members including 3GKs and several crocked CFs in on loan.
The ultra slim squad approach then changed...

JaneB   
24 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

Is Moses on loan? He is listed as CFC-team player here:

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/teams/first-team?pageTab=players

In talks with Spartak Moscow about a season long loan 'apparently'.

Kezza   
27 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

Is Moses on loan? He is listed as CFC-team player here:

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/teams/first-team?pageTab=players

This is getting funny and ridiculous. The portraits of Moses, Drinkwater, Rahman and Musonda looks photoshopped. 😂😂😂 I can't imagine these players taking part in the same photoshoot session as the rest of the "real" first teamers. In order to not have any negativity around these players probably got arranged a private photoshoot at home or something. 😆😆😆