• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

5 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Certainly he's a knob, not his nobs.  He is a million miles behind Mount

I do agree with Ham that we could use some of his energy and forward momentum at the moment though , he's a decent to good  player imho , maybe not quite "our" standards if we want to be sniffy but what do I know , I didn't think Drinkwater was as terrible as everyone else did either !

paulw66   
33 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

If we're not going to play players because they're "nobs" ( surely knob ? ) then we won't have enough to complete our fixtures and will be relegated by the EPL. 

Not sure on that. There isn't another player in squad who seems quite as daft. 

Edit - fully appreciate I haven;t met these guys personally. 

Edited by paulw66

47 minutes ago, Ham said:

Disagree that he's not good enough because he offers a directness that is lacking elsewhere. 

Strongly disagree with the slur. Where's that coming from?

He might have offered directness, but dont forget he has been out since Nov and missed 8 or so games, ok may not have happened if he had remained  here but he does have a few knocks every now and then. Also it may have been convienient for him to get regular game time.

Edited by southcoastal

27 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I do agree with Ham that we could use some of his energy and forward momentum at the moment though , he's a decent to good  player imho , maybe not quite "our" standards if we want to be sniffy but what do I know , I didn't think Drinkwater was as terrible as everyone else did either !

I'm not sure his forward momentum justifies his resistance to dropping back.
On the field Drinkwater was having no problems at all I felt.  At least nothing that justified giving him no more opportunities.  And I'm sure he was once a decent player at Leicester - not so sure Barkley ever was at Everton.

On 05/01/2021 at 1:08 AM, Kezza said:

No use signing Rice or Haaland when we don't have a system or the players aren't coached. Hoping for these top players to just get on with it and play themselves is worse than proper coaching and a working system. I would hold back giving Lamps any more players until he figures out a system and actually do some coaching. A proper system and coach can get great output from decent players like Dias, Foden, Jota, even Ndombele and then you have what Lamps is getting out of Werner, Havertz, Ziyech and Chilwell.

Worked everywhere for Pep

39 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

Worked everywhere for Pep

To be fair, Pep does have a system.  It may or not be a good one, it may be one that only works with 16 very expensive players.  But when the players go into training and into matches they do know what they are expected to do.

JaneB   

Drinkwater off to Kasimpasa in Turkey Superliga apparently 

Diddymen   
22 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I don't think he was even training with the squad

Kezza   
2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Oh please finally. Next Baba Rahman, Van Ginkel, Piazon.