• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

2 hours ago, asvaberg said:

Even though I'm Norwegian, I am very uncertain Haaland will "save our club".

He is very good in BD  but mainly because his teammates are good, or even better.

I do not think he will save the club by himself, rather he is the type of CF and personality we need. At the moment our biggest problem is how lightweight so while yes Håland will help with that, it will also require other positions to be remedied too namely DMF. 

41 minutes ago, King Kante said:

I do not think he will save the club by himself,

That's the issue , he'd bloody well have to...

• Haha 1

bert19   
57 minutes ago, King Kante said:

I do not think he will save the club by himself, rather he is the type of CF and personality we need. At the moment our biggest problem is how lightweight so while yes Håland will help with that, it will also require other positions to be remedied too namely DMF. 

Agreed.  We have 3 decent strikers at the club already.  We need to get better at supplying them with quick, direct passes, crosses and runs before we do anything else.  We've had several expensive strikers struggle for goals at Chelsea now in the last few years.  Whilst some obviously don't help themselves (E.g. Higuain, Morata) others haven't had the best service to work with at various times.  

I'd obviously love to see a finisher like Haaland here, but we need to get better at using strikers in general first to be honest.  

And as King Kante said, that DM area needs solving pronto.  Lots of teams playing through us with far too much ease of late.  

8 hours ago, Ham said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/01/19/exclusive-danny-ings-wants-return-champions-league-club-holds/

28 years old. At the top of his game. 

The only downside is that we're unlikely to be a CL team next season. 

If only he was called Daniello Ingmar and had a YouTube video Marina* would be all over him. 

*our extensive scouting network , one bloke stealing a living watching agent proffered DVD's all day long .

paulw66   
9 hours ago, Ham said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/01/19/exclusive-danny-ings-wants-return-champions-league-club-holds/

28 years old. At the top of his game. 

The only downside is that we're unlikely to be a CL team next season. 

56 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

If only he was called Daniello Ingmar and had a YouTube video Marina* would be all over him. 

*our extensive scouting network , one bloke stealing a living watching agent proffered DVD's all day long .

We don't create any chances. Swapping Giroud / Abraham / Werner for Ings will achieve absolutely nothing. 

Ham   
8 hours ago, paulw66 said:

We don't create any chances. Swapping Giroud / Abraham / Werner for Ings will achieve absolutely nothing. 

I get that but Giroud will be off soon enough.  

7 minutes ago, Ham said:

Next week if he's not mental. 

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Ham said:

29 in the off season.... Hmmm

Ham   
Just now, paulw66 said:

29 in the off season.... Hmmm

In the form of his life and getting better with age from what I've seen of him.  A good 3-4 years left in him.  If not him to replace Oli then who?