• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

paulw66   
6 hours ago, Worsebytheday said:

Really says nothing. Nobody outside that boardroom has any clue

It's the lazy option, which the gullible lap up, that when a new signing isn't performing, you blame the board. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Really says nothing. Nobody outside that boardroom has any clue

It's the lazy option, which the gullible lap up, that when a new signing isn't performing, you blame the board. 

Come on, the board has made plenty of mental signings over the last 5 years where the players qualities have been so far off the valuation we paid. 

To think the board would go from “we buy the players” to give Lampard free reigns is a tad silly. I think the vast majority of signings are still club-driven. 

Havertz may come good. But boy he needs a slap. Energy and urgency is abysmal. If he doesn’t up those significantly he’ll never make it in England. If I were Lamps I’d finish his season now and have him in a serious sprint and strength program to build him up for next season. 

paulw66   
2 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

To think the board would go from “we buy the players” to give Lampard free reigns is a tad silly. 

Where did I say that?

Oh, I didn't

8 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Where did I say that?

Oh, I didn't

You said that anyone stating that the board is responsible for buying players is gullible? I mean, does anyone think that the board is not responsible for signing most, if not close to all, of our signings? 

paulw66   
17 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

You said that anyone stating that the board is responsible for buying players is gullible? I mean, does anyone think that the board is not responsible for signing most, if not close to all, of our signings? 

No I didn't.

I said that people who blame the board for the failures, and don't praise them for the successes are.

I believe all of our transfers are conducted in the same way, by commitee. Combination of the board, scouts and the manager.

I believe all successes and failures are a product of the same system.

I find the constant discussion here about who buys the players a bit baffling. It's clearly a collective decision, and like any collective decision who is pushing hardest will likely be different for each individual deal. All we can do is guess from the outside who was pushing hardest each time. 

I really doubt it's much different at any PL or indeed big continental club.

paulw66   
24 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

I find the constant discussion here about who buys the players a bit baffling. It's clearly a collective decision, and like any collective decision who is pushing hardest will likely be different for each individual deal. All we can do is guess from the outside who was pushing hardest each time. 

I really doubt it's much different at any PL or indeed big continental club.

Agreed. 

What I find laughable is the notion that sometimes it's the board buying, sometimes it's the manager . The opinion of which it is, is driven entirely by the success on field 

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

No I didn't.

I said that people who blame the board for the failures, and don't praise them for the successes are.

I believe all of our transfers are conducted in the same way, by commitee. Combination of the board, scouts and the manager.

I believe all successes and failures are a product of the same system.

Well naturally. However, I think one would be hard pressed to claim that the general outcome of our business for the past 4 or so seasons have been a success. When was the last really successful transfer? 

Kante 2016, Pedro 2015 and Costa/Fabregas 2014? Other than that, there has been a wide range of average to downright awful.