• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Agreed. 

What I find laughable is the notion that sometimes it's the board buying, sometimes it's the manager . The opinion of which it is, is driven entirely by the success on field 

However, some player purchases are clearly manager driven and others more board driven. That’s how a committee works. It’s not 100% consensus and 100% the same ideas every time. To think that would he gullible imo. 

Good recent example - Kepa and Jorginho. Kepa clearly driven by the board and Jorginho clearly driven by Sarri. 

1 hour ago, The_Ghost said:

Well naturally. However, I think one would be hard pressed to claim that the general outcome of our business for the past 4 or so seasons have been a success. When was the last really successful transfer? 

Kante 2016, Pedro 2015 and Costa/Fabregas 2014? Other than that, there has been a wide range of average to downright awful. 

Alonso and Luiz 2016 too made great contributions.      Rudiger 2017.  Jorginho 2018 (from the point of the manager and the team - not the Sarri haters).
Pulisic 2019. 

Werner, Chilwell, Silva, Ziyech 2020 

(they are great, blame the manager if they don't know how to play with each other).

Been a while since we bought Bakayoko, Drinkwater or Bats though.  Some will say Kepa, but at least it was a hole that needed filling.

Micah Richards telling city to go and get Costa, he will almost certainly get them the title if they sign him.

Maybe we should look to bring him back till the end of the season

5 hours ago, Worsebytheday said:

Micah Richards telling city to go and get Costa, he will almost certainly get them the title if they sign him.

Maybe we should look to bring him back till the end of the season

He is injury prone, but I wouldn't mind the option. Perhaps can teach the young lads some of that fieistiness and grit we desperately need, even if he won't be as influential on the pitch. 

Micah Richards is talking as if he is the same Costa from his days with us and prior. Really weird and out of the blue article, I don't think that move has been rumoured anywhere. BBC seem really keen as well, promoting it as the top "news story". 

Costa has barely been firing for Atletico since he went back there. Seems to be constantly injured.

Jasonb   

I wouldn't go near Costa think he is after one more pay day and don't think he is match fit and so likely to be an unwelcome distraction in the dressing room. 

paulw66   

Of course with everything else going on, the transfer window has taken a back seat.........I wonder if TT has any last ,minute requests for RA to fulfill today?

Surely a loan to Italy for Emerson would make sense if we can find one 

12 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Of course with everything else going on, the transfer window has taken a back seat.........I wonder if TT has any last ,minute requests for RA to fulfill today?

Surely a loan to Italy for Emerson would make sense if we can find one 

I expect Emerson to go out on loan/permanent transfer and Gilmour to go out on loan and my money would be on Rangers.

Other than that, I don't see anywhere else we can afford to lose bodies at this stage of the season.

In terms of incoming, I wouldn't expect any business at all to happen.

paulw66   
1 minute ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I expect Emerson to go out on loan/permanent transfer and Gilmour to go out on loan and my money would be on Rangers.

Other than that, I don't see anywhere else we can afford to lose bodies at this stage of the season.

Really hope he doesn't go there. The league will be won in a few weeks, and they will have nothing riding on their games. Really hope (if he goes), he goes somewhere where he will play high intensity games, with plenty riding on them. 

Agree, there is nothing really else in the out tray that makes much sense. 

17 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

One would hope they'd both go and get games, they certainly deserve it.  
Returning to Rangers seems odd to me.  First they might try to nick him back.
Either Championship of Holland where his size won't be such an issue (But then like Mount he needs a year in the Championship to toughen up afterwards).

Anyone still think Ampadu should never have gone on loan and played for us?

Gilmour to Southampton seems to be the one according to the papers