• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

chara   
4 hours ago, Sciatika said:

I think when we consider the possibility of Liverpool, Spurs or Man Utd winning, then Man City seems to be a preferable option. Obviously, Arsenal is no longer a risk in that respect.

Agree with you there!....as I get older I am far more picky about games/teams I watch apart from Chelsea.......try to catch the Citeh games but not too bothered about any other side atm...watched Leicester when they won the title...in both cases because I can/could enjoy the games as games of football.

Apart from inbuilt tribal feelings I find I am heavily influenced by whoever is in charge of a team.....dislike Dykey and Klippy Klopp. Big Sam JM (now) OJ and others!..soft'ish spot for Brighton Fulham and their managers...Everton up little because of their boss...not a Newcastle watcher..mess of a club and mess of a coach but wish as an old club they were doing better..same with WBA...the spoilt (often delusional)brats of the EPL and their fans are the ones who p me off the most!

Just Idle ramblings on a snowy Colorado morning!...

All this Haaland talk is killing me. I'm starting to believe we can land him. I know I'm setting myself up for Summer heartbreak.

Too many comments out there saying he will definitely go to Madrid, Barca etc. and never to a Club like us. That's winding me up and I want all these haters proven wrong. 

29 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

All this Haaland talk is killing me. I'm starting to believe we can land him. I know I'm setting myself up for Summer heartbreak.

Too many comments out there saying he will definitely go to Madrid, Barca etc. and never to a Club like us. That's winding me up and I want all these haters proven wrong. 

He comes to England in my opinion, cannot see him as someone who is desperate to play in Spain. Further, how exactly are Real and Barca going to pay for him? Both are on their knees financially. The only clubs in Europe who can afford him (or are willing to lay out for him) are: Bayern, City, Utd, PSG and Chelsea. PSG I think can be ruled out as he is very competitive so I do not see him going to France unless they go absolutely mental. Bayern I suspect will get priced out of a bidding war as they normally only pay reasonable fees. 

That leaves City, Utd and Chelsea. In my opinion, we are probably bottom of the list with City as favourites as his Dad used to play there, while Utd are Utd so are a big draw and have extra stability to us. 

Only way I see us getting him is if he is attracted to the bright lights of London and players like Harvetz and Werner step up over the next few months. 

1 hour ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Tuchel may have the pulling power but only if we secure CL

37 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Further, how exactly are Real and Barca going to pay for him?

Quite.  

United and City - depends on their owners now that FFP is suspended.  I can't see Man U's owners (whose other big asset is  an NFL team) wanting to be a big net contributor to the club's finances right now.  I suppose they might find a new partner but that is speculative.
City - well the oil price is strong now, so maybe.  And they do actually have a Chinese partner that could expand its stake from the current 13% and provide more funding.

RA though can do what he likes.
City favourites, Chelsea 2nd IMO.

4 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

Tuchel may have the pulling power but only if we secure CL

yes

Edited by Droy was my hero

chelboy   
2 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

More chance he goes to City. I would be very surprised if he picks us over City especially with Raiola involved. 

7 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

All this Haaland talk is killing me. I'm starting to believe we can land him. 

Don't know that I can be bothered to watch us sign him for £100m only for him to somehow score only 3 goals next season.

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Don't know that I can be bothered to watch us sign him for £100m only for him to somehow score only 3 goals next season.

I commend your conviction that we'll be awarded three penalties next season.

Time to start buying proven players in the premiership, let's start with Grealish and Richarlison, get rid of dead wood and players who are injury prone.

kante, pulisic even ziyech must get a few bob for those 3 alone

chara   
7 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I commend your conviction that we'll be awarded three penalties next season.

Ah Mark..you old romantic you!