• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

2 hours ago, Worsebytheday said:

https://www.chelsea-news.co/2021/03/ac-milan-want-discount-agreed-deal-sign-chelsea-defender/

we would be mad to lose him, apparently was outstanding AGAIN yesterday

Well see.

But the maddest thing would have been to have him on our bench (or not even that) for the rest of this season.

A few games ago he was £26m offered, no bid.  now we are told there is a bid.  The loan is working out really well for both player and club.

(And if he is sold while we win the prem last year - like de Bruyne or Salah - I don't give a dam if he turns out to be Beckenbauer.)

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Maybe, maybe not. 

Not sure he is better than what we have, and I doubt he will ever become world class. A lot of talk we are looking at buying a top class centre back in the summer. Where would that leave Tomori in the pecking order?

Depends - no top 4 no top class CB. 

can see the likes of Christensen and Zouma being shown the door with or without CL football, so there is a chance for Tomori especially if he's getting good reviews in Milan "bit like Christensen and Gladbach"  

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Chrisb said:

I’m not sure who this “top class centre back” is that you seem to think we’re in for. There’s not exactly a glut of decent CB’s out there that are going to be on the market in the summer. If there is then name them because I’m struggling to see any. There are quite a few teams looking to bolster their defences during the summer so CL qualification may well have an influence on any available “top class players” destinations. 

I'm not sure who it is either. I'm not on the board.

All I said is that we are rumoured to be in for a top class centre back (Sule and Alaba are two that have done the rounds) , and IF we buy one, whoever it is, that leaves Tomori about 5th or 6th choice. 

paulw66   
Just now, RobertoftheGiz said:

Depends - no top 4 no top class CB. 

can see the likes of Christensen and Zouma being shown the door with or without CL football, so there is a chance for Tomori especially if he's getting good reviews in Milan "bit like Christensen and Gladbach"  

What makes you think Tomori is ahead of Christensen or Zouma? He was the one moved on.

3 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

What makes you think Tomori is ahead of Christensen or Zouma? He was the one moved on.

New coach, everyone give a chance. Take Alonso as an example

Can't see either Christensen or Zouma being permanent fixture in a backline at Chelsea, they had enough chances to establish themselves 

Edited by RobertoftheGiz

paulw66   
23 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

New coach, everyone give a chance. Take Alonso as an example

Can't see either Christensen or Zouma being permanent fixture in a backline at Chelsea, they had enough chances to establish themselves 

AC looks like one at the moment, and rightly so.

43 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:
4 hours ago, Worsebytheday said:

https://www.chelsea-news.co/2021/03/ac-milan-want-discount-agreed-deal-sign-chelsea-defender/

Technical Director Paolo Maldini wants to hold talks with Chelsea regarding bringing the agreed £26 million option to buy down.

we would be mad to lose him, apparently was outstanding AGAIN yesterday

But the maddest thing would have been to have him on our bench (or not even that) for the rest of this season.

A few games ago he was £26m offered, no bid. 

Source?

No idea

chara   

Out of interest I check the BBC Football site for Transfers a few times a week and wonder at the story behind many of the "unattached To ..." reports...checking today I see Josh..".unattached To MK Dons".......

17 hours ago, paulw66 said:

eh?

A short term loan deal, was a relatively cheap gamble that didn't really work. No biggie. 

7m loan deal when we could have actually bought someone decent?

Also, If not for the board, we would have bought him outright for 30m because sarri wanted ONLY a washed out higuain. 

The dude was way over in his head and we were lucky to be rid off him when we did. Otherwise we would have had a team of jorginhos and higuains.