• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Lampen   

Hakimi on his way to PSG, better get Lukaku before the fire sale is over.

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

According to reports he's miles better . Not keen myself but let's not pretend he's the same player he used to be .

It isn't. He is just playing in a league where it isn't as important as you're not under a constant press. Big difference. 

7 minutes ago, Lampen said:

Hakimi on his way to PSG, better get Lukaku before the fire sale is over.

Shame. I would quite like Hakimi. Something like this for the back line would be ok with me: 

CB: Silva, AC, Dave/James, Rudi, Guehi

RWB: Hakimi, Dave/James 

LWB: Chilwell, Alonso

Numbers wise and balance wise I think that would be better I.e. 9 players for 10 positions. 

Rob B   
3 hours ago, Kezza said:

If he keeps up his first touch then he's not getting his goals in the PL.

You realise the PL was where he made his name right!?  He has scored over 100 goals in that division?! 

Ignoring the fact he seems to have got better by all accounts,  this is a guy with 113 goals in 252 PL games,  13 in 27 in the CL,  20 in 33 Europa Leagues, and 13 from 19 in the FA Cup.  In Serie A which is hardly a Micky Mouse league he has 47 in 72. 

Looks pretty good to me... 

Leo91   

It's more of a style issue isn't it because otherwise Giroud would be playing. I just don't see Lukaku in this side.

Just now, Leo91 said:

It's more of a style issue isn't it because otherwise Giroud would be playing. I just don't see Lukaku in this side.

Giroud doesnt play because he has absolutely no pace and can not press.

Lukaku is a completely different animal and his goalscoring record is up there with the very best. We lack goals, there are very few goalscorers around, he is one of the elite and possibly available. No brainer.

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

You realise the PL was where he made his name right!?  He has scored over 100 goals in that division?! 

Ignoring the fact he seems to have got better by all accounts,  this is a guy with 113 goals in 252 PL games,  13 in 27 in the CL,  20 in 33 Europa Leagues, and 13 from 19 in the FA Cup.  In Serie A which is hardly a Micky Mouse league he has 47 in 72. 

Looks pretty good to me... 

Was just about to post those stats myself. One you missed out though is his total. 259 goals  in 519 appearances plus 59 in 91 for his country.

Phenomenal.

Anyway back to the beer.

COME ON CHELSEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chara   

Interesting views on Lukaku, my first response was "no thank you" but thought it through a bit more....the old "KDB Salah Lukaku" stupid Chelsea etc is a false one as we all know....not one of these players was anywhere near the level they finally got to...a discussion as to why not at Chelsea is relevant but given time and place not the laughable decision popular football culture would have you believe.

Given the "career" path of Lukaku and his progress, as supposed, maybe ..just maybe he would be a reasonable buy...Giroud is gone..sadly past it on anything but an odd appearance as a late sub...not a put down...it comes to all players...as a replacement Lukaku would work...given less expectations than we had with the new signings last Summer it might work well.

Ruudboy   

As I recall, he has been a life-long Chelsea fan and got misty-eyed when he first visited the Bridge as a schoolboy. On the downside, saw him in Prague vs Bayern, and he seems lost on the pitch - but he was young then and learning. We need a CF with presence, and he has plenty of that. What is not to like?

20 minutes ago, chara said:

Interesting views on Lukaku, my first response was "no thank you" but thought it through a bit more....the old "KDB Salah Lukaku" stupid Chelsea etc is a false one as we all know....not one of these players was anywhere near the level they finally got to...a discussion as to why not at Chelsea is relevant but given time and place not the laughable decision popular football culture would have you believe.

No I think we could have kept them.  all it would have taken is to sacrifice the seasons 2014/5 through to 2017/8 while the three of them came through..
and two of those seasons were rubbish anyway.

chara   
Just now, Droy was my hero said:

No I think we could have kept them.  all it would have taken is to sacrifice the seasons 2014/5 through to 2017/8 while the three of them came through..
and two of those seasons were rubbish anyway.

That's what I meant about a "relevant" discussion.....all about time and place....and "luck" with timing...Mason a year earlier?.....and so on...Baba?....not up to it when at SB,,,now?...I don't see enough of most other players to comment but some say better.

"Luck"...would Vardy for example have had such a good career elsewhere?....Mendy is late coming to the forefront this season.."lucky" to be at Chelsea at this stage of his career?....the roll of the dice as ever.......

Foden?..."lucky"  ?....has been nurtured (admirably so)through how many seasons at Citeh?...elsewhere he may have missed the boat as it were.

RLC...could have/should have player?....CHO.? Tammy ?........what is the future going to hold for them?...glad I don't have to make those decisions..

A casual conversation on a flight with the then Blackburn Manager...:What is the hardest part of your job?".."Telling a youngster he has no future with the club."