• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

xhuga2   
14 hours ago, King Kante said:

Yeah, but AC out of all the defenders last season reads the game the best and is one that you can trust most to do as instructed. 

The most annoying thing about Tomori is that he is a better fit for us than Zouma, while we have also probably cost ourselves £5m-£15m on his fee as if we had just loaned him out and not put a agreed fee in there, we probably could have sold him to a PL club for £35m+ as he has the English premium. 

I think the club is going to use part of that cash to sign a striker. Financial Fairplay you know. 

32 minutes ago, xhuga2 said:

I think the club is going to use part of that cash to sign a striker. Financial Fairplay you know. 

there is no FFP right now (not that there ever was)

15 hours ago, King Kante said:

The most annoying thing about Tomori is that he is a better fit for us than Zouma,

For the CL absolutely.  Against PL teams next year, there will be plenty of opportunities where a CB can be rested and Zouma will suit playing against set pieces.  

15 hours ago, King Kante said:

while we have also probably cost ourselves £5m-£15m on his fee as if we had just loaned him out and not put a agreed fee in there, we probably could have sold him to a PL club for £35m+ as he has the English premium. 

The English premium is only for sales to top 6 teams.  No other teams have squad restraints.  The risk with going without a loan option is that he might not have been played, or he would have gone to a lesser club that couldn't afford £25m let alone £35m.  Or he might not have been as good as some on here think.
Without hindsight, I think the loan option was a good call.

Can we just get Kane please. I already made up a song for him, as a remix of the Willian song.

"The **** from Spurs, they brought him up, but Harry Kane, he got fed up

He got the call from Abramovich, and off he went to Stamford Bridge!!!"

Lampen   
49 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Can we just get Kane please. I already made up a song for him, as a remix of the Willian song.

Amazing!

Leo91   

You'd love to see it. £200m, slap it on Levys desk 

bert19   
1 hour ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Superb 😄

Blue Rod   
17 hours ago, King Kante said:

Yeah, but AC out of all the defenders last season reads the game the best and is one that you can trust most to do as instructed. 

The most annoying thing about Tomori is that he is a better fit for us than Zouma, while we have also probably cost ourselves £5m-£15m on his fee as if we had just loaned him out and not put a agreed fee in there, we probably could have sold him to a PL club for £35m+ as he has the English premium. 

I can't believe we are letting Tomori go for less than £30m. Like you said, his qualities complement the team better than those of Zouma. It seems to be part of the fallout of us trying to get the most out of Lampard. Still we could have lost a lot more. Rudiger could have been sold,  and was nearly sold.

Whatever the senior players did, we must remember that in every club, they are like the deep state, the custodians of the club from the inside. Once they have decided that the manager has lost it, they do plot to move him on. It may not be all nice or transparent, but that is just the way big teams function. 

46 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

I can't believe we are letting Tomori go for less than £30m.

If we put him up on the market in summer 2020 or Jan 2021 does anyone thing we could have got £20m for him?  I don't.
The price has changed because he had a successful loan.  And as we have seen again and again you don't often get successful loans without the option of a sale.

paulw66   
51 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

I can't believe we are letting Tomori go for less than £30m. Like you said, his qualities complement the team better than those of Zouma. It seems to be part of the fallout of us trying to get the most out of Lampard. Still we could have lost a lot more. Rudiger could have been sold,  and was nearly sold.

Whatever the senior players did, we must remember that in every club, they are like the deep state, the custodians of the club from the inside. Once they have decided that the manager has lost it, they do plot to move him on. It may not be all nice or transparent, but that is just the way big teams function. 

You're ignoring the fact Lampard stopped picking him for 12 months before he was loaned out. And Rudiger certainly wasn't the one keeping him out. Unless I have misunderstood..........

3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

there is no FFP right now (not that there ever was)

For the CL absolutely.  Against PL teams next year, there will be plenty of opportunities where a CB can be rested and Zouma will suit playing against set pieces.  

The English premium is only for sales to top 6 teams.  No other teams have squad restraints.  The risk with going without a loan option is that he might not have been played, or he would have gone to a lesser club that couldn't afford £25m let alone £35m.  Or he might not have been as good as some on here think.
Without hindsight, I think the loan option was a good call.

Personally, loan options look like awful calls. The problem with those is that it puts all the power in the loan clubs hand. Player exceeds expectations, they get to buy cheap; player disappoints straight back he goes; if the player does ok it is a coin toss just like if the option was there or not. Only way a option to buy makes sense, is if the upfront/loan fee is a lot higher than the one without would be. 

As for him playing, he would've done anyway as Milan where having a injury nightmare when he signed.