• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

29 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Right, excuse my ignorance as I  generally do not care how much people cost and have never believed any of it but is there somewhere that actually has official, bonafide, 100% accurate figures for transfer fees and wages?

No ignorance there mate. Everyone has different beliefs and are entitled to it. Being an accountant myself, this INTERESTS the **** out of me. 

Plus like I said in the above post, there are several sources which do a great job of reconciling the financial reports released by the club with the transfers the club does. 

Look at this for example https://mobile.twitter.com/swissramble/status/1361209546526633985?lang=en

Edited by didierforever

15 minutes ago, didierforever said:

I have to disagree. There are several reports like swiss ramble which do a great job of conciling, the whole financial report of the club. 

If we sold hazard for 100m, aina for 9m, palmer for a couple, then most of those hypothesis are pretty much justified in Swiss rambles analysis of our year end financial report. 

So I think it's very unfair to claim that the figures are nothing but here say 

You can link to Swiss ramble if you like, but I'm sure he will not conclude we sold Hazard for £100m and Morata for £50m.
What he might show is that what the max we could have sold them for.  Based on guesses for the 4 or 5 other players we sold and guesses at the remaining book value of all those players.

Mostly the numbers are hearsay - and of course they were hearsay for long before the financial report came out.  

Swiss Ramble is a very smart guy, but there is only so much information in those accounts.  

10 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

You can link to Swiss ramble if you like, but I'm sure he will not conclude we sold Hazard for £100m and Morata for £50m.
What he might show is that what the max we could have sold them for.  Based on guesses for the 4 or 5 other players we sold and guesses at the remaining book value of all those players.

Mostly the numbers are hearsay - and of course they were hearsay for long before the financial report came out.  

Swiss Ramble is a very smart guy, but there is only so much information in those accounts.  

I have already given the link. It says/proves as much. Please see the above link. 

Numbers dont lie. Swiss ramble does not have any incentive in trying to perpetuate the "media agenda" that we sold Morata for 50m. It has no stake in it. If there were glaring differences, it would point out (like the Antonio conte 26m outstanding fees that the club paid).

Like I also said in my previous post, each to their own beliefs. You can happily sit here and keep refuting the figures, I would gladly take what proofs are available.

Edited by didierforever

Kezza   
4 hours ago, Ham said:

Morata was weak and pathetic. I'm still happy with Werner. 

Haaland appears to be an absolute throwback. 

Loved the boy's arrogance and confidence. Aggression as well. Much needed in the team some real passion and desire to win. Basically a bad loser as well. This boy's mentality is just on another level. And couple that with his technicalities you get why he is rated so highly.

Comparisons to Morata one of the weakest player mentally is laughable. 

kratos   
47 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Loved the boy's arrogance and confidence. Aggression as well. Much needed in the team some real passion and desire to win. Basically a bad loser as well. This boy's mentality is just on another level. And couple that with his technicalities you get why he is rated so highly.

Comparisons to Morata one of the weakest player mentally is laughable. 

That was the thing that stopped Morata from becoming a top player. The guys was made of glass.

Edited by kratos

23 minutes ago, hallgalley said:

Why don’t we just bid for mbappe and haaland 😀

Nah, Haaland this year, then Mbappe on a Bosman next year. Easy peasy. 

Kezza   
4 hours ago, kratos said:

That was the thing that stopped Morata from becoming a top player. The guys was made of glass.

A physical glass is ok. Look at Robben.

When you're mentally made of glass though is where you won't go very far.

15 hours ago, kratos said:

Do you remember that body language. Irritating game after game. Such a diva. 

Rob B   

Really pleased to see the links in the media to a RWB (Hakimi)  I’ve said for some time that we need to be more aggressive on the flanks in this formation and whilst I absolutely love Reece, I don’t think he is the answer long-term (certainly not against 15 odd PL teams out of 20 anyway).  I also think that Reece will come to cement his position at RCB where he is just brilliant. 

Appreciate YouTube is dangerous, but this clip shows the sort of expansive, risk-taking runs that I feel we miss at times.  

I’m not saying we should sign this guy by the way, I’ve never seen him play, but I can totally understand why we may be interested in that sort of profile of player.  He looks like a bigger, faster, stronger Zappacosta who is only 21 years old.  Whether we are realistically going to spend that sort of money when you have the likes of Livramento coming through the ranks I’ve no idea.  I’ve always liked that Raphinha from Leeds who might represent better value, but I do feel the squad lacks this sort of player (and I’m saying this based on Hudson-Odoi moving further forward in time)