paulw66   
4 minutes ago, Test_MBIB said:

Test post

4 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Test post

Can you hear me in the back?

1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

Can you hear me in the back?

Ha! Sorry, I'm trying to help Michael and Jane resolve the issues with getting new members registered... I haven't gone completely crazy... yet!

I'll delete them shortly.

So lots of rumors of Ziyech to AC milan. 

Would not say that we would be missing much. Was pretty sub-par and just could not cope with the pace and physicality. 

1 hour ago, didierforever said:

So lots of rumors of Ziyech to AC milan. 

Would not say that we would be missing much. Was pretty sub-par and just could not cope with the pace and physicality. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Ziyech move on to be honest, he strikes me as the type of player who would rather an easy life in an easier league than fight for a place in a bigger team in a tough league.

Seen rumours of Grealish to Chelsea this morning, but I expect to see us linked with numerous players all summer as people try to guess as much as possible so they can then claim to have been 'in the know'.

1 minute ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Ziyech move on to be honest, he strikes me as the type of player who would rather an easy life in an easier league than fight for a place in a bigger team in a tough league.

Seen rumours of Grealish to Chelsea this morning, but I expect to see us linked with numerous players all summer as people try to guess as much as possible so they can then claim to have been 'in the know'.

Certainly Ziyech would find other leagues a lot easier to play in.   Not sure it is fair to say that he would prefer so.  If he wanted to be a big fish in a small pond why leave Ajax?  And he isn't going anywhere else to get more money.

I think he is fine - other than Mount he is easily the cheapest of our AMs yet has more experience and is different.  He seemed to sprint faster and run further under TT which may indicate some fitness issues or just a clearer understanding of the Prem and his role.  And I love watching him make his choice and line up his passes, like watching a top snooker player.

Grealish would be awful, but I guess his agent is expected to get something done this summer.  I'm sure Villa also know that this is their best chance to cash in.

Just now, Droy was my hero said:

Certainly Ziyech would find other leagues a lot easier to play in.   Not sure it is fair to say that he would prefer so.  If he wanted to be a big fish in a small pond why leave Ajax?  And he isn't going anywhere else to get more money.

I think he is fine - other than Mount he is easily the cheapest of our AMs yet has more experience and is different.  He seemed to sprint faster and run further under TT which may indicate some fitness issues or just a clearer understanding of the Prem and his role.  And I love watching him make his choice and line up his passes, like watching a top snooker player.

Grealish would be awful, but I guess his agent is expected to get something done this summer.  I'm sure Villa also know that this is their best chance to cash in.

Do you say this as you don't rate him or think he wouldn't be the right fit/what we need?

21 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Do you say this as you don't rate him or think he wouldn't be the right fit/what we need?

Oh everything.
First in a Blue shirt he'd get 25% of the fouls go his way that he gets for Villa.  2nd much of what he does is to slow up play rather than accelerate a rapid counter-attack*.  3rd as I said, this is a player, agent and club looking to cash in, not one we need to lever away from his club.  4th with a new CF, a paceman (Pulisic or Werner) and a skillful 3rd man (Mount or Havertz or Ziyech), where does Grealish fit in?  Alongside Barkley and RLC to my mind - on loan.

Between Pedro and Pulisic we bought no attacking AMs.  Yet we bought 3 AMs last summer and Mount forced his way in too.

*For Villa a breakaway that leads to a set piece not far from the box is a result.  Against Chelsea a foul to stop a rapid breakaway is a result - for the oppo defence.
Grealish is begging for the foul, Mount or Havertz are taking risks to avoid getting fouled.

Edited by Droy was my hero

3 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Oh everything.
First in a Blue shirt he'd get 25% of the fouls go his way that he gets for Villa.  2nd much of what he does is to slow up play rather than accelerate a rapid counter-attack.  3rd as I said, this is a player, agent and club looking to cash in, not one we need to lever away from his club.  4th with a new CF, a paceman (Pulisic or Werner) and a skillful 3rd man (Mount or Havertz or Ziyech), where does Grealish fit in?  Alongside Barkley and RLC to my mind - on loan.

Between Pedro and Pulisic we bought no attacking AMs.  Yet we bought 3 AMs last summer and Mount forced his way in too.

That’s interesting actually and fair points. I really like Grealish, think he’s a great player, draws defenders in, creating space for others and I like that he has a bit about him, something we’re lacking.

Im not suggesting we sign him by the way.

Interested to see how he does in the Euros, hopefully he starts tomorrow and we can then see how he does with other quality players around him (if Southgate picks them!)

1 minute ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Interested to see how he does in the Euros, hopefully he starts tomorrow and we can then see how he does with other quality players around him (if Southgate picks them!)

yes, will it be Mount, Foden AND Grealish?  Or just one or two.  I would have thought one plus Kane + someone faster like Sterling.  Perhaps 2 if Mount plays midfield in 433.

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

He seemed to sprint faster and run further under TT which may indicate some fitness issues or just a clearer understanding of the Prem and his role.

Another Frank and Jody dig.  You are very predictable

as the saying goes, “what comes around goes around”