• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Recommended Posts

paulw66   
9 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

. But that means he'll have to improve on his pro rata of 76 points since he took over. We need to find an additional 90 points for a number of years to be able to claim parity with City and Liverpool. 

You would expect some natural / organic growth by virtue of having the whole season, and not 24 hours notice.

Add, what would that 76 points with a top goalscorer (which was Martin's point) ? 

If you had added a Kane or a Haaland standard striker to last season, we'd be at least 10 points better off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

That's based on your feeling and not on any observation. Imagine if Leicester had won their game - we'd be going into the CL forced to win to qualify for next years tournament. I do not believe for a second that is what Tuchel wanted. We failed, no other way to look at it. That we won against City is of course amazing, but it's a game of 90 mins where anything can happen.

Well no, we did not fail. We ended up 4th over the course of the season. The result on the last day is as irrelevant as a loss at any other point throughout the season as it made no difference. Dramatic maybe but completely irrelevant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

You would expect some natural / organic growth by virtue of having the whole season, and not 24 hours notice.

Add, what would that 76 points with a top goalscorer (which was Martin's point) ? 

Turning a team on course for 58 points, into a 76 point team, literally overnight, one can't help but wonder how many points we would have got if he had been there from the start.

2 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

If you had added a Kane or a Haaland standard striker to last season, we'd be at least 10 points better off.

Minimum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chelboy   
12 hours ago, King Kante said:

 

However, I would also be incredibly excited about Hakimi, I honestly think he has the potential to be a top 3 WB if he isn't already. 

 

He certainly is a player that would get fans off their seats but the whole Hakimi thing I just don’t see it as a priority. ST, DM and a back up GK is what we should be focusing on this window. Looking at our fixture list next season a back up GK could seem far more important when Mendy goes away in January. I’m not sure we might have enough money to sort out all those positions unless Hakimi pushes James to dm. Our outgoings are probably going to be less than we expect which might force us to sell a squad player like Ziyech or CHO without replacing them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

 

To me, if we get Haaland, we are set in attack for a long, long time. Haaland 21, Havertz 21, Werner 25, Pulisic 22, Mount 22

Throw in James, Christensen, Chilwell (and possibly Hakimi

100%. If we get Håland and Hakimi, we actually have the possibility of what the Yanks like to call a 'dynasty' team. By this they mean a Utd 92-02, Barca 06-15 etc. 

I mean lets looks at the potential first XI with those in it: 

Mendy (29)

James (21) AC (24) Rudi (27)

Hakimi (22) Kante (30) Kova (27) Chilwell (25)

Mount (22) Havertz (21)

Håland (21)

Average age: 24.5

On top of that you have the following players who will be used heavily or are very promising: 

Puli (22)

Werner (25)

CHO (20)

Ampadu (21)

Guehi (21)

Billy (19)

Only issue I can see in the short term is CB if Rudi and AC do not re-sign and possibly midfield as Jorgi is 29. However, even then, Jorgi, Kova and Kante still have a lot of good years in them. 

However, what is scary is that team, can already operate as a top 4 team and win a CL. Give it another year or two and if they grow and gel, that is very formidable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bert19   

What are others here making of Locatelli? 

I've not seen much of him before, but he's looking mightily impressive for Italy so far.  23, 6ft1, looks full of energy and seems to have an eye for a pass.  I've been quite impressed so far, but not seen enough of him to really make a definitive judgement on if he could play for a team like us..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, chelboy said:

He certainly is a player that would get fans off their seats but the whole Hakimi thing I just don’t see it as a priority. ST, DM and a back up GK is what we should be focusing on this window. Looking at our fixture list next season a back up GK could seem far more important when Mendy goes away in January. I’m not sure we might have enough money to sort out all those positions unless Hakimi pushes James to dm. Our outgoings are probably going to be less than we expect which might force us to sell a squad player like Ziyech or CHO without replacing them. 

A back-up GK is not really a big issue as generally one of those can be picked up fairly easily and cheaply. 

As for James he will still get a lot of playing time at RCB and possibly DM. His slight issue is that he isn't a great WB and we look set to stay with the 3atb. However, even then Hakimi cannot player every game and there will be times we need a more defensively minded/physical WB which is where James can step in. For me, James still gets 35+ starts a season even with Hakimi here. 

Edited by King Kante

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bert19 said:

What are others here making of Locatelli? 

I've not seen much of him before, but he's looking mightily impressive for Italy so far.  23, 6ft1, looks full of energy and seems to have an eye for a pass.  I've been quite impressed so far, but not seen enough of him to really make a definitive judgement on if he could play for a team like us..

Haven't seen much of him but what needs to be remembered is that the Euros group stage is now dross with 24 teams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

The Haaland transfer seems to be picking up some momentum, whether it's genuine or not who knows, but a lot of people reporting personal terms agreed or would be agreed, as long as Chelsea can agree on a deal with Dortmund. I'm not going to get ahead of myself until it's announced officially then in my mind it is just hearsay.

I suspect this is just the Holland to City story has died.  There is a surplus of transfer hacks and a shortage of stories

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bert19   
2 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Haven't seen much of him but what needs to be remembered is that the Euros group stage is now dross with 24 teams. 

True enough, but he's played really well in two convincing victories and scored two good goals (his volleyed pass in the build-up to the first arguably the best part of the goal).  Suppose you can only beat the teams put in front of you - he didn't get to choose who they play.  

Tbh, as I said, I've not seen that much of him, just been quite impressed by what I've seen so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now