• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

1 hour ago, Diddymen said:

Been reading quite a few stories that the Hakimi deal is imminent. What does that mean for Livramento? Joe Tweeds - who is well informed in Chelsea youth teams said that he was one of the best young RWBs he has seen, but he only has a year left in the contract. Would be a shame if he were to leave

I think it's quite normal for a player to have a contract expires at 19 or 20 and then to extend it for a longer period.  So I wouldn't worry until September.  And the club won't worry about the players who do get interest from other clubs, they will worry about the players who don't.

Assuming that livramento stays then he will to go on loan and he will not be looking to play for the first team for 2 years.  Neither Dave nor James will be playing right wing back then. 

1 hour ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Excellent news for Tomori.  The club have treated him well.  It should be a great encouragement to Livramento that the club doesn't want it's young stars to be used 

1 hour ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Nope. 

TT got the players who had spat the dummy out with Frank back in the fold. Not forgetting went to a defensive unit, designed for cup competitions. 

What happened to the mentality against Leicester in the cup final or Villa on the last day of the season?

stones in glass house to me

No team wins every game

Not really sure about the stones and glass house comment I know the saying that people shouldn't do it but dont see the connection to the thread.

bert19   
2 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think it's quite normal for a player to have a contract expires at 19 or 20 and then to extend it for a longer period.  So I wouldn't worry until September.  And the club won't worry about the players who do get interest from other clubs, they will worry about the players who don't.

Assuming that livramento stays then he will to go on loan and he will not be looking to play for the first team for 2 years.  Neither Dave nor James will be playing right wing back then. 

Seems to be the best approach to be honest. A year in the Championship would bring him on leaps and bounds if he's any good.  And if he doesn't want to sign, I guess we just sell this summer

1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

Nope.

Frank was clueless. 

Exactly   it wasn't a set of players that refused to work, but a set of players that was just confused about what the game plan was.  

If people keep covering up for Frank's inadequacies, they'll never understand what happened this season.

1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

Nope.

Frank was clueless. 

Bit harsh, (as this is the transfer page and he had to work without any in his first year) I think he had a great start and did well to give some youth some game time but then he was not experienced enough to move it on. Still wish him well and would give him another chance down the line if he can get that experience.

2 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

Frank was clueless

Do you have the same opinion about his time as a player?

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Neither Dave nor James will be playing right wing back then.

They will not be playing it come August if TT plays his preferred formation. Which is designed for a player like Ronaldo as the focal point for the attacking play  

4 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Do you have the same opinion about his time as a player?

Why would I?

Name an iconic Frank Lampard moment in a Chelsea shirt and I guarantee I was there, I even went to Dublin to watch our first game under him. 

He is without doubt our greatest ever player and by far and away my favourite. He is God like to me as a footballer. I have said this for years and been slated for it, even by Chelsea fans, but I mean it 100%. Frank Lampard is the greatest goal scoring midfielder the world has EVER seen.

But that had very little to do with him as a manager.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Exactly   it wasn't a set of players that refused to work, but a set of players that was just confused about what the game plan was.  

Let’s see if TT goes back to a back 4

1 hour ago, exiledblue said:

Bit harsh,

But true.

(as this is the transfer page and he had to work without any in his first year)

And then got given a squad every manager in the world would dream of managing and was clueless. 

Still wish him well and would give him another chance down the line if he can get that experience.

100%. Wont happen though unfortunately.